Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:40 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,078,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post
while the crimes per capita might be more in SB than Oxnard the types of crimes in oxnard are a little more severe.
No, they are not. Santa Barbara's violent crimes are higher per capita than Oxnard. Shocking, I know, but pre-conceived notions about SB as safe and Oxnard (and Ventura) as unsafe abound.

Quote:
You really do need to be carefull and try not to make things worse like walking around town where ever you are past 12. There have been quite a bit of stabbings lately down around port huneme. ... just my .02 cents!
Credit given for you 2¢, but I'm just wondering which "incidents" of late you're referring to, and which parts of Port Hueneme or other VC cities to avoid after midnight. Be specific! My advice for Santa Barbara is to NOT wander around Haley Street after dark. Milpas ain't no picnic for the faint of heart late at night, either. Nor would I wander around San Andreas alone after dark. Stay away from Pershing Park, too. I happened to get off the bus in old town Goleta one late night and had to walk to a friend's condo. It wasn't pleasant -- guys hanging around the shadows of buildings, strange drug-looking types outside of 7-11, dark side streets. Nothing happened, but that was luck of the draw, I'm sure. I'll never do it again and advise against walking alone there at night. So caution is warranted for the Santa Barbara area just as well as parts of Ventura County.

Last edited by Winston Smith; 09-24-2008 at 10:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 06:02 PM

630 posts, read 1,294,761 times
I hope you realise the first quote you got on me i said the same thing you said. but....ok.

here some articles:

Oxnard resident arrested after man stabbed on train : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Man stabbed during home invasion robbery : Breaking : Ventura County Star

Boy, 12, stabbed in Oxnard, police say : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Morning Report: Man injured in stabbing : Breaking : Ventura County Star

Man stabbed during Oxnard robbery : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Teen stabbed and shot is in serious condition : Local News : Ventura County Star

Oxnard mother, son shot to death in yard : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Arrest made 2 weeks after double murder in Oxnard, Calif. - 9/24/08 - Los Angeles-Southern California-LA Breaking News, Weather, Traffic, Sports - abc7.com

Oxnard man shot in the hand after argument in restaurant : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Woman riding in car is shot, police say : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Shot fired in convenience store robbery : Breaking : Ventura County Star

Morning Report: Ice cream vendor robbed, 2 arrested : Breaking : Ventura County Star

Oxnard shooting leads to 14 searches, 3 arrests : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Suspect in bank killing appears in court : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Ventura:

Ventura man stabbed in neck : Ventura : Ventura County Star

Man stabbed at Chumash Park in Ventura : Ventura : Ventura County Star

Teen stabbed at party : Ventura : Ventura County Star

18-year-old shot, taken to hospital : Ventura : Ventura County Star

theres some articles for you and anyone else looking. I have lived in many different places and this area is not the safest but i am also not saying its the most dangerous place on earth or anything. I am just stating the facts. I know the truth is sometimes hard to down at times by certain people but it is reality. Oh and for reference this is just some of the articles taken fron ventura and oxnard locations in roughly the past month.

here are some facts refering to crime rates per city . It even gives you the percentage of severe crimes as well. see for yourself.

heres Santa Barbara: Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed, link removed

Heres Carpinteria: Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed, link removed

Heres Ventura: Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed, link removed

Heres Oxnard: Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed, link removed

enjoy

I wont argue anymore if you think im wrong regardless of the facts ive presented then you aren't going to change your mind even though the facts are in front of you, but thats ok. Hopefully someone who is openminded will read this and understand. I know you are comming from aan emotional place thinking I am trying to degrade the town( area you live in) you love so much, but i am simply offering another persons ( mine) POV and i am not biased. There are parts i love and hate in this area. If you would like I will name the great things in this area as well.

Last edited by Yac; 11-14-2008 at 05:41 AM..

Old 09-24-2008, 06:23 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,078,525 times
Quote:
I hope you realise the first quote you got on me i said the same thing you said. but....ok.

here some articles:

Oxnard resident arrested after man stabbed on train : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Man stabbed during home invasion robbery : Breaking : Ventura County Star

Boy, 12, stabbed in Oxnard, police say : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Morning Report: Man injured in stabbing : Breaking : Ventura County Star

Man stabbed during Oxnard robbery : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Teen stabbed and shot is in serious condition : Local News : Ventura County Star

Oxnard mother, son shot to death in yard : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Arrest made 2 weeks after double murder in Oxnard, Calif. - 9/24/08 - Los Angeles-Southern California-LA Breaking News, Weather, Traffic, Sports - abc7.com

Oxnard man shot in the hand after argument in restaurant : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Woman riding in car is shot, police say : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Shot fired in convenience store robbery : Breaking : Ventura County Star

Morning Report: Ice cream vendor robbed, 2 arrested : Breaking : Ventura County Star

Oxnard shooting leads to 14 searches, 3 arrests : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Suspect in bank killing appears in court : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Ventura:

Ventura man stabbed in neck : Ventura : Ventura County Star

Man stabbed at Chumash Park in Ventura : Ventura : Ventura County Star

Teen stabbed at party : Ventura : Ventura County Star

18-year-old shot, taken to hospital : Ventura : Ventura County Star

theres some articles for you and anyone else looking. I have lived in many different places and this area is not the safest but i am also not saying its the most dangerous place on earth or anything. I am just stating the facts. I know the truth is sometimes hard to down at times by certain people but it is reality. Oh and for reference this is just some of the articles taken fron ventura and oxnard locations in roughly the past month.
Please do the same for Santa Barbara -- that is if the Santa Barbara News Supress even bothers to report anything negative about SB -- as they are famous for.

To know a city you must do more than read newspaper articles. They don't come close to painting the full picture. Oxnard, Ventura and Santa Barbara are on par for safety, which is above average for cities of their size. Santa Barbara is no more safe than Ventura/Oxnard. Resdearch the crime stats. As a matter of fact, Oxnard has less crime than Beverly Hills!

Quote:
I know the truth is sometimes hard to down at times by certain people
You got that right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County