Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 03:17 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Flying from LAX to Oxnard is silly.
Why would that be? When I go commercial I do it. I like it myself. Don't have to worry about baggage, check in at the Airport. You are allready cleared at Oxnard so when you hit LAX things move smoother. Plus the flight takes minutes and your on your way before you know it. I would refrain from a morning or evening flight because of the possible fog conditions. I buzzed around Oxnard for a while one evening before we flew back to LAX due to fog. We ended up staying at the Marriot for the evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 03:26 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,078,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I guess that I thought by now that they would have added service to the airport. Remember when it was called South Coast Area Transit or SCAT? Back then they were always trying to improve the line. Worked one summer as a surveyer for the bus service. They wanted to know how to impove the line. With all the building near the airport you would think that would be a natural pick up and drop off point. Oh well.
That's interesting. I'm also puzzled about the lack of service to west Oxnard with all of the development there. I've heard that the name change Gold Coast Transit came about as a result of a more forward-looking management team. They managed to push through a few Oxnard-Ventura and Ojai express lines. About time!

Old 07-28-2009, 03:30 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Winston Smith,
Remember when they were calling the area the Gold Coast? Never seemed to catch on.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Winston Smith,
Remember when they were calling the area the Gold Coast? Never seemed to catch on.
Yeah, that's right! Although there is the street name "Costa de Oro" (Gold Coast) out by the Embassy Suites. Didn't someone also float an idea to change "Oxnard" to "The City of Anacapa"?

Old 07-28-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
It's a 12-minute flight! I swear the plane spends more time taxiing on the ground at LAX than it does in the air. But I do it every chance I get. Security check-in at Oxnard is a snap. Just getting to the airport is a breeze. No hassles with PCH, 405, LAX-arrivals traffic and all of that. I budget 2 hours minimum one-way to get from Ox to LAX by ground transport.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:50 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,438,813 times
Quote:
If one is already at the airport, it often makes since, especially if it is a connection from United to the United Express flight to Oxnard. You simply arrive at LAX on United in Terminal 7 or 8, make a five minute walk to the UA Express gates in Terminal 8 and are on your way. The whole thing can be done in 45 minutes or less, including connection time.

If you are connecting from another airline though, it doesn't make since IMO. Arriving at Terminal 1 for example and having to take a shuttle to Terminal 7/8, going through security and checking bags at Terminal 7/8, and then getting on a plane can take too much time compared.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:17 PM

1,465 posts, read 5,147,223 times
There are a couple of shuttles, Roadrunner Shuttle and http://www.venturashuttle.com/ Roadrunner will take you to your destination for $70 and the Airporter will take you to Holiday Inn Express at the Harbor for $35

Old 07-28-2009, 05:31 PM

645 posts, read 1,503,694 times
Thanks everyone. I rented a car for the 5 days. I will however be heading to Anaheim on Monday afternoon to see the Baseball game stay someplace after the game and then drive to the LAX and drop off the car and catch my 11am flight. I decided that we need not try and drive Tuesday am rush to LAX from Ventura. 70+ miles in the morning?? Nah we will see the angels play Monday night get some good food in LA then a shorter drive Tuesday am. Less rush less stress. Its all good....

Old 07-28-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt chill View Post
Thanks everyone. I rented a car for the 5 days. I will however be heading to Anaheim on Monday afternoon to see the Baseball game stay someplace after the game and then drive to the LAX and drop off the car and catch my 11am flight. I decided that we need not try and drive Tuesday am rush to LAX from Ventura. 70+ miles in the morning?? Nah we will see the angels play Monday night get some good food in LA then a shorter drive Tuesday am. Less rush less stress. Its all good....
With your plans this is out, but for future reference, Amtrak's Surfliner picks up at the Ventura Fairgrounds and stops right at Angel's Stadium in Anaheim.

Have a nice stay, in any case!

Old 07-28-2009, 07:21 PM

143 posts, read 393,851 times
You might want to consider staying at LAX the night before you fly out. The drive up from Anaheim later in the evening will be easy enough and then you'll already be at the airport when you wake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County