U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2009, 10:07 PM

77 posts, read 248,856 times

Advertisements

If we moved to Thousand Oaks. I was wondering if there are any Mon-Fri office customer service/HR jobs to speak of? MY husband is in IT and is also searching for work. But he is willing to commute an hour or more. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 07:35 AM

26,345 posts, read 86,781,274 times
It's just a matter of working job search engines. What have you come up with?

Where (communities or regions) is your husband getting potential job hits?

Old 11-28-2009, 08:26 AM

687 posts, read 962,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyfirst3 View Post
If we moved to Thousand Oaks. I was wondering if there are any Mon-Fri office customer service/HR jobs to speak of? MY husband is in IT and is also searching for work. But he is willing to commute an hour or more. Thanks.
Have you checked Monster, Indeed.com, hotjobs, Ventura County Star? Where would you be moving from? Has you husband submitted his resume to any headhunters in the T.O. area yet? All things you should check first.
I thought this link might be helpful to you...Thousand Oaks Jobs (CA) | Simply Hired

Last edited by osuzana; 11-28-2009 at 09:03 AM..

Old 11-28-2009, 11:18 AM

5,013 posts, read 8,212,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzana View Post
Have you checked Monster, Indeed.com, hotjobs, Ventura County Star? Where would you be moving from? Has you husband submitted his resume to any headhunters in the T.O. area yet? All things you should check first.
I thought this link might be helpful to you...Thousand Oaks Jobs (CA) | Simply Hired
Thank you for that link!

Also try CareerBuilder. My boyfriend, when moving from Kansas, found all his jobs on CareerBuilder.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:08 PM

77 posts, read 248,856 times
Default Thank you

Thank you for the replies! We are moving from the foothills above Sacramento. He has checked and so have I. There appears to be jobs on the main search engines; careerbuilder, dice, monster etc. Thanks for the other links! But I just don't know if the amount of jobs are a lot, since there are so many more people for that region. In Sacramento, there is literally nothing. There are about 800,000 total in the suburbs, not including people where we live in the foothills commuting. But in the LA area, there are millions, and tons of jobs. So, I am just unsure if it is deceiving because it is so populated. He has had some calls from Santa Ana when he applied for the Inland area and Orange. But he hasn't tried TO too much yet. I think maybe the Burbank area and TO would be the spots to look? I see some customer service positions for me, but not too many, and there are a lot of people probably going for those jobs there. I just don't want to make a mistake moving with 3 kids. But you are right, see where he gets responses from I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County