Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 04:36 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
We have no air conditioning. My dogs are looking at me like "what the heck is going on?". Fortunately our basement offers temporary relief, but then it's torture when you come back upstairs.
Poor puppies! Our dog who can enjoy central air, insists on going outside and laying in the mulch! I make her come in after 10 minute intervals. I remind myself that FL is like this for 6-7 months a year and am thankful I live in the land of the snow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 05:32 PM

274 posts, read 673,919 times
Ha! The heat gives Vermonters something to talk about other than the state going to hell in a handbasket. Or maybe it just adds to the fuel?

Old 07-06-2010, 06:32 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,237,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
We've got a 17 year old. She seems to be ok.

Pretty much sleeps all day whether it's 10 below or 100 above.
Beautiful Dog.
We have an 18 year old Cat who is still quite active.

And a 8 to 10 week old Kitten who is VERY active lol.
Was found abandoned in the woods with 2 other littermates.
Camera makes Black Kitty look bigger than she is.

Better pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...e/jult6008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...trrrrjr002.jpg

June 8

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ittlecat-1.jpg

Well back to the topic, it is starting to cool off a bit for the evening yet still muggy..

Old 07-06-2010, 08:24 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,937,018 times
Glad to see our pet population is doing well! I saw a lady hosing down her two dogs today and they were thoroughly enjoying it.

I have a feeling a thunderstorm wouldn't cool things off much at this point as there's no cold front looming behind it. But hey. It wasn't too too bad this evening to get a little yard work done and wash the car. Turned the hose on myself a few times. With all the haze in the air it's made for some beautiful sunsets this week.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:07 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
1995 was one of teh worse het waves to ever stirke the northeast. I still remmeebr the large number of deaths in Chicago alone.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:55 AM

1,475 posts, read 4,143,090 times
Free Press reported last heat wave was 03, I must have heard incorrectly.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:46 AM

1,822 posts, read 5,133,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
Beautiful Dog.

Your babies are absolutely beautiful! I'm impressed how accepting Black Kitty is of the new kitten. Our Jewel kitty, who will be 21 next month, is an only cat as far as she's concerned. To her great consternation, our three crazy boy kitties keep popping up and irritating her.

Even with air conditioning, our cats are flat most of the day. In heat like this, they're active only at night. We think Sammy the Serpent spends most of the night in their outdoor enclosure. Sometimes in the morning we find the remains of whatever small animals he dined upon -- sometimes squirrels. Ugh.

Another scorcher. I just gave them more standard fare for breakfast and they've all headed to bed.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:31 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,143,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
Beautiful Dog.

Better pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...e/jult6008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...trrrrjr002.jpg

June 8

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ittlecat-1.jpg

Well back to the topic, it is starting to cool off a bit for the evening yet still muggy..
Great cats Summerz

And thanks for rescuing one . I wish everyone would rescue a pet that is struggling in life. We have three rescues and all of our future pets will be the same.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:04 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,385,141 times
I've lived here 8.5 years and can't remember any heatwave like this.

We've never needed air conditioning before. I was in the hospital before the heatwave started and told my hubby he needed to buy one and install it before I came home so I could recover in relative comfort.

Well, the entire family (two kids, one baby and a dog) have been camping out in our bedroom all week, because it's the only room where the temperature is bearable. It was 90 degrees in our kitchen last night according to my hubby's indoor/outdoor weather station.

Can't wait until it breaks so I can at least sit on my front porch. I'm starting to go stir crazy.

I feel sorry for all of the seniors in our town who live in old homes w/o good insulation and no air conditioning. It must be unbearable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont