U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:17 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,061,984 times

Advertisements

I am really beginning to wonder if certain key players have not done their due diligence. Either that or they stand to win regardless of how it ends.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 06:22 AM

819 posts, read 1,379,223 times
Interesting......

Now I can watch this guy's son every day/week.....

Q Burke Mountain Resort Announces New President & CEO - The Caledonian-Record - St. Johnsbury, VT

Old 03-14-2013, 06:53 AM

14 posts, read 26,948 times
New article about the Vermont EB-5 program in the Burlington Free Press this morning (link).

Old 03-18-2013, 08:22 PM

281 posts, read 1,159,837 times
Regarding the ANCBiotech plant,you know how in Vermont you "hear things? Well I heard that Bill Stenger and some people including a local Newport electrician recently went to South Korea.As far as the electrician is being asked to wire the Newport plant exactly the same as the South Korean plant.They want the entire production floor/rooms to be done exactly like the rooms currently in use at the operating plant. This would probably get things moving faster with those coming over from SoKorea stepping into basically the same exact plant with rooms looking exactly the same and machinery in the exact same place as they are in the existing plant.Pretty good idea the more I think about it. Also I was told the existing Bogner building will be leveled and a new 5 story building will be constructed in it's place.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:08 AM

Actually no I do not know how you "hear things" in VT. I do know that there are people who will plant rumors deliberately. So until or unless something is verified it is a rumor, nothing more.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:23 AM

14 posts, read 26,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctovt View Post
....snip..... This would probably get things moving faster with those coming over from SoKorea stepping into basically the same exact plant with rooms looking exactly the same and machinery in the exact same place as they are in the existing plant. ....snip.....
If that rumor is true, it suggests that many of the new higher-paying science/technical jobs will go to existing Korean employees, not Vermonters. We'll be stuck washing glassware for $10/hr.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:51 AM

Slightly OT but @Nutsosa, have you considered doing temp contract work? I know of a few Vermonters who are consulting and / or doing contracts. You might want to put your resume up on Medzilla to see what is available. I think you have a better shot of finding something than waiting for biotech to come to the NEK.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:43 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,020,277 times
I still take my Mom there for human services appointments and have many more scheduled. The secretary says "they" are building a new office by Price Chopper and will be moving soon. I do P/Chop ever Monday and have seen nothing. However, sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind.

Yes, I'm sure jobs will be outsourcd-inland...what is that called? The foreigners have always been taught a second language. I kinda think the NEK is a training ground for the rest of America. It was sold out, keep up or we lose it. Yep, the rest of America is soon to follow. TAKE NOTICE

Old 03-19-2013, 04:16 PM

5,786 posts, read 13,020,092 times
Swanstone - The new NEK Human Resources building is about 3/4? finished. It's just off the Derby Rd. on Crawford Rd. You can't miss it from Community Nat'l Bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont