U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 08-27-2011, 10:50 AM
1,135 posts, read 2,085,649 times
Reputation: 1575


I just filed my homestead application(late I know) and had a question I haven't been able to have answered. While the amount that you pay is based upon the income of the household, what happens when you have kids earning money that they don't contribute to living in the house.

Somehow, I just lost half my tax credit because my kid is old enough to work. (Sorry, not griping just new to this kind of taxpayer system.) So, do I have to charge the kid rent, to offset the income, but still have to pay the same because I'm collecting rent from a minor that is my child? Way confused on this. She made $5500 last year.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:43 PM.

¬© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top