Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 09:56 AM

82 posts, read 228,174 times

Advertisements

after the leaves were all fallen down, and the snow started, that was it until after easter. snowed in. i was getting my drinking water from the beaver ponds. the ice would get pretty thick, and if you didn't keep dipping in the hole a couple times a day, it would freeze over. melting the fresh snow was easy enuf, but it takes about a hundred buckets of snow to get a bucket of water. then again, time one was one of the things we had more of than snow. home grown was the first thing thing to run out of. ,,,,, i had hooked up an am /fm 8-track player with speakers to a car battery, sticking in a beatles tape and then walkin away, we'd be walking back from town,the post office or real's [ the esso station ], following the rail tracks back, and then we'd start hearing, 'we all live in a yellow submarine',, ,,, walking to town was a good way to spend some time, even if we'd wind up going to check for mail, and find out it was sunday. ,,,, summertime, could've been a close to a hundred people sometimes,, it's hard to remember everyone's name.. bobby & joanie got married in stump meadow,, slim jim, and his brother,, marc, ruthie, the hebe, ronnie, bernie, a bunch of bobby's and bill's, jeff and turtle, hanz- he sold his land cruiser,went to europe, got busted, ,put in jail and then he was givin back the very hash that he got busted for. almost seems fair as i think about it,---- one time we came back from town to find out the cops had gone thru the park that afternoon, ripped up a bunch of plants and then left. i got mad, along with a few others and we marched all the way to the customs station, demanding that they send for the troopers that did the raid.. i wanted my pot back, and was yelling at them for what they did. it just wasn't rite, we were miles from nowhere, , not hurting anyone, and these guys had to come and start trouble like that. the fbi raids @ early in the morning started sometime after all this. -- to be continued--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljeep View Post
after the leaves were all fallen down, and the snow started, that was it until after easter. snowed in. i was getting my drinking water from the beaver ponds. the ice would get pretty thick, and if you didn't keep dipping in the hole a couple times a day, it would freeze over. melting the fresh snow was easy enuf, but it takes about a hundred buckets of snow to get a bucket of water. then again, time one was one of the things we had more of than snow. home grown was the first thing thing to run out of. ,,,,, i had hooked up an am /fm 8-track player with speakers to a car battery, sticking in a beatles tape and then walkin away, we'd be walking back from town,the post office or real's [ the esso station ], following the rail tracks back, and then we'd start hearing, 'we all live in a yellow submarine',, ,,, walking to town was a good way to spend some time, even if we'd wind up going to check for mail, and find out it was sunday. ,,,, summertime, could've been a close to a hundred people sometimes,, it's hard to remember everyone's name.. bobby & joanie got married in stump meadow,, slim jim, and his brother,, marc, ruthie, the hebe, ronnie, bernie, a bunch of bobby's and bill's, jeff and turtle, hanz- he sold his land cruiser,went to europe, got busted, ,put in jail and then he was givin back the very hash that he got busted for. almost seems fair as i think about it,---- one time we came back from town to find out the cops had gone thru the park that afternoon, ripped up a bunch of plants and then left. i got mad, along with a few others and we marched all the way to the customs station, demanding that they send for the troopers that did the raid.. i wanted my pot back, and was yelling at them for what they did. it just wasn't rite, we were miles from nowhere, , not hurting anyone, and these guys had to come and start trouble like that. the fbi raids @ early in the morning started sometime after all this. -- to be continued--
ll

Old 07-30-2012, 07:48 PM

Default wasted in frozen land

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljeep View Post
i first showed up in the park with my buddy john, i was driving a blue w/ a white top jeep comando, towing a pop - up camping trailer, we showed up after sunrise, and by nite time i was getting laid with this pretty girl named angel,, i was in heaven!! 1 week later i never saw her again.. of the dozen girls that were always in the park, they were already matched up with someone, leaving a few dozen guys sniffin around like the dogs we are. if and when fresh girls showed up, it didn't take long before some caveman bopped her over the head and dragged them back to a cave, - that's a joke, ha-ha,,-- there are scenes in the last two 'road warrior' movies that always remind me of epp. i don't mean the violence, but looking at the group of people in the gas compound, with the schoolbus as the gate in&out ,, or barter town, even the little group of kids that looked like war babies,, rite on the money,,. --- brother john would be standing around, with that twinkle in his eye, and some kinda rasta birds nest on the back of his head. he taught me to make totum poles. near his spot was kenny's cabin. it must 've been two years later that kenny carlson and i realized that we had gone to watkins glen together. what a small world... around the cornor was rick& marsha's, these were cute places. and from scrap wood. pinky dave made a real nice little thing, for a couple days kept begging me to come see it, a week later it burned down. whatta shame. there were many cars scattered around, left over from people tripping out probally, and never being seen again. anyway, one summer i start seeing all the glass missing, front and rear windshields,, preacher dave was collecting them,, he dug out a cave into the side of a hill,, towards the border end of land, now that everything was backwards with the new bridge coming in from the side, he was on the outer side of the land, so he has this big long trench going into the hill, and over lapped the auto glass for the roof... whatta nice spot to be a hobbitt and smoke the pipe.- ... --- speaking of which- gotta goe for now- be back later--

Old 07-31-2012, 11:01 PM

Default middle of nowhere

they say the park land was 592 acres, or some number like that anyway.. i think it equals a little over a square mile,, whatever it's true shape was.. but the best part was it was on the edge of 30 square miles of nothing but more forest... all the way west & south... with nothing else in it. back then, hardly anyone drove 4wd, guys had firebirds,chevelles, & barracudas.. or datsuns & volkswagons. to drive in and out of the park would ruin most cars. ruts , ditches, rocks sticking out of the old logging roads.. some of the local old timers used to tell me stories about how when they were little, their fathers were logging in there ,, using horses to pull the logs out. to be a logger back then was like joining the foreign legion, once in, you stayed for the duration. one time, me and n.y.billy were checking out back,,, we found camping sites with some garbage from before the thirties. some of the oak trees or stumps were huge, as big as a caddilac. along side one of the creeks, we also found a 1928 porter sedan,, body by fisher,, with trees growing around & thru it. the odometer had low mileage. it must of been left over from rum runners . i'd like to goe back to see it again,, and keep the wood spoke wheels. ---- be back later ---

Old 08-05-2012, 08:51 PM

Default motor vehicles

marty and patty came back from california with a real nice pick-up truck with a cap, and laura. i had first seen laura the winter before, walking around one day, me & a couple of guys stopped at bill's trailer for a few minutes. there were already a few people inside, with no room for more, so i was outside looking in thru the open door. sitting on some throne chair was laura, looking like a beauty. six months later i see her again, getting out of the pick-up with pat & marty, so there's a dozen people hanging out , saying hello and whatever after not seeing eachother for a while. within a minute, a couple of butterfly's land on laura's hair and just stay there, from that moment i was in love. so was almost every other guy who saw her, even without any butterflys.... it was good to have a legal vehicle again. now we were able to goe to ethan allen's for more wood ends without being hassled. another time rick & marsha came back from boston, or maybe it was wooster, with a big station wagon. i think they got it from some auction. it must of been a con-edison car, painted yellow. we had a lotta fun flying around in that thing. rick was learning how to drive going back & forth to newport as high as a kite. wally started with a volkswagon, and after a couple months had a small fleet of volkswagons, using & taking parts from one to keep another one working. the park had a few vehicles on the land that worked,but could never pass inspection. a '47 mercury dump truck,,, a sixties scout, without the top. the old merc ran good , we could use it to bring a load of firewood close to some one's house. in the summer, a couple times the drunks were taking over the scout to drink in. it was like watching the 'rat patrol' goe on a rape & plunder mission.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:00 PM

my biggest problem with drunks is when they show up already drunk.. how am i suposed to catch up? i 've done my own share of drinking,, but was never really into alcohol that much,,, but i'm willing to learn.. to be hanging out with friends and doing whatever is fine. but when some plastered slob knocks on my door, and he's already wasted,, why should i get stuck with him? especially when they show up empty handed. trailor bill,, kenny , brother john,, and some others could be fun drunks... and some times they could goe beyond the point of no return. trail bill and i got along fine,, but quite a few times he would become mad over something & start breaking my windows,, or have a look on his face that you could't tell what was gonna be next. a couple times we fought it out, i would flip him over , and then walk away, leaving him to figure out what happened,,, then he'd remember & start looking for me again,, so i would flip him over , & walk away again,, and then try to hide for a while.. by the time we would catch up again a few days later,,, it didn't matter anymore,, until the next time he got a bug up his ass.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:00 PM

one bright sunny afternoon, laura and i decided to goe to montreal.. i was driving my jeep thru the land and we passed trailer bill, he was drinking already, but seemed o.k. i told him we were going out for chinese food, and asked him to come along.. my jeep only had two front bucket seats,, but all three of us sat up front. laura in the middle,, probally on a milk box. so we goe thru customs o.k. and we're about forty minutes along ,,, bill starts saying how he has to pee. i keep driving. the road that we're going north/ west on is open farmland. we making good time, and i'm looking forward to hearing the chinese waiters speaking broken english with a french accent, bill reminds me again that he has to pee.. the road has a little bit of a side shoulder and then slopes down quite a bit, and then becomes farmland for miles. i pull over to the side and stop,, bill opens his door ,gets out and drops out of site.. laura and i start laughing while he staggers back up, holding onto the door, and trying to pee at the same time,, the whole time saying ,'' with a drunken tone'' hey youse guys,, this is one helluva hill,, paulyoubetterbecareful,,, this hill is a bltch, bla bla bla,,, me and laura look at eachother, still giggling at bill, and i goe ,,'' yeah,yeah, bill... come on , get back in,,, let's goe.'' bill climbs back in, still complaining about the hill, & how careful i should be. .. i take my foot off the brake and start to step on the gas. laura and i are still laughing and all of a sudden,, we start sliding downhill on the passenger side.. we flip & roll a couple times, bouncing into eachother as we goe.. we land half upside down, rite on top of the electric fence.. somehow we get out the back tailgate. within a few minutes, a couple cars / people stop to help.. we flip the car back on its wheels, and i'm thinking maybe we can get out of there before the cops show up,,, i'm trying to start the jeep,, but while we were upside down, the battery dripped out, rite into the distributor cap,,,, me and bill are trying to get the baby started when the police pulled up ''' you live in zee woods with zee hippies? was all they could say. all in all, that was the worst of it,, somehow we got a ride back to the customs station.. we never did get shrimp egg rolls. and it took a few minutes to convince the police that i wasn't drunk driving and just drove off the highway. some of the other cars must of confirmed my story.. if only i had been drinking,,,,, to be parked and flip over a jeep,, that must've been a first for the books

Last edited by pauljeep; 08-06-2012 at 03:10 PM..

Old 08-06-2012, 03:40 PM

fat eddy first showed up with a utillty cattle truck, filled with lumber, and a few guys from long island. great!! just what we needed,, more positive energy. n.y billy,, pat s.,, were o.k.. fat eddy turned out to be no good scumbag thief. but in the beginning,, who knew?,, besides,, he wasn't the first, or the last. we all met just when they got there, that was when i found out other bad news, their truck had a cherry picker on it, but they removed it before coming up.. that would've been something to use. too bad....so it goes.. it didn't take long for positive energy to transform into wasted bullshlt..... lots of nice people would pass by the park,, some just to camp out a few days,, others , like me, wanting to stay forever and do the rite thing.. it was easy to get distracted.. most of the time,,, every thing was respected by others,, everything would be just the way you left it,, even after a couple days.. most of the time.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:33 PM

Default broken dreams

i was born in brooklyn.grew up in 'east new york,brownsville, bushwick,& bed-sty. [ i walked the streets alone ] .. coming of age,, i couldn't wait to leave long island. i started with upstate n.y.,,, made my way to boston,, and then went to new hampshire . times were good. by the time i got to norton, i was ready to stay. i thought we'd be setting up ; wind generators,, solar heating,,, etc..etc.. back then ' mother earth news' was always talking about making hydro ram pumps real easy,,, to get water uphill without electricity.... i think it was jeff&turtle who set up a steam sauna one summer. beside the river ,,, where the old road ended,, before the new bridge was built,, it was some kinda twig yurt,, more than a dozen people could fit in at a time.. there was a big fire pit in the middle, with a bunch of big rocks, some of the rocks came out of the river,, after heating up a few times, and then getting splashed,, they would split open,, but so what, we had plenty more rocks,,, the sauna sweated you up real good, and then the river was rite there to wash up in. -- ---it don't get better than that.....,

Last edited by pauljeep; 08-06-2012 at 09:10 PM..

Old 08-06-2012, 09:04 PM

one day a saw a new car, a yellow volkswagon,, fairly new,, so i knew it wasn't wally's... albeir could of been from lebanon,,morroco,, or maybe palistine,,, i don't remember which,,, but he was definetly an arab. it didn't matter to me. i feel every one should get a chance until they do wrong,, and even then, it depends what they did, and why... i tried talking to him about what it was like for him growing up over there,,, but he never could answer me,,, once or twice he started to cry,, so i didn't push it. he was nice enuf,,, he let me have a key to borrow his car whenever i wanted.. he told me he was new to america... he'd been a doctor in albany a couple of months,, and then showed up in vermont. within a couple of weeks, another arab shows up, albeir's cousin,, mazim,, a few days later, two more arrive,,,big beir, & little beir.. it's starting to look like mecca,,, this is happening as montreal was getting ready to have the olympic's,, which was rite after munich had theirs,,,with arabs shooting / killing a bunch of people.. this was also one the reasons the swat teams would use for raids at dawn,,, the park being so close to canada,, security had to be used......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont