Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 04:20 PM

154 posts, read 230,348 times

Advertisements

Haven't any of the pro-refugee people here seen what has been going on in Germany due to the influx of Muslim refugees?
There have been hundreds of sexual assaults- even on children and the elderly- look what happened on New year's Eve. There are clips of them making throat cutting gestures as they arrive. What kind of gratitude is that? In addition to fondling the women and children, they have done unmentionable things in the public pools and jacuzzis, and even tried to enter the women's dressing room. They have tried to cover the story up, but in Halfax, Nova Scotia, the Syrian children have been striking and choking the the Canadian kids, even the girls, and make the throat cutting gesture when playing soccer. I may be accused of fear mongering, but isn't it time we faced the facts instead of hiding our heads in the sand due to political correctness? Is it our job to civilize them when they don't even observe basic societal norms?
But aside from all of the above, what it really comes down to, is, shouldn't the citizens of Rutland have the final say on whether or not they want to accept refugees in their town, or not? Can they afford it? Bill Clinton mandated that schools have to provide translators for those that don't speak English. That means Rutland is going to have to pick up the tab for one or more teachers who speak Arabic and English. Also, 99% of the Syrians brought in are Muslim, why aren't they letting in the Christians who are being persecuted?
Here is a column by a Rutland resident detailing the problems in trying to get answers from the USCRI, the secular agency responsible for this Refugee resettlement Program:
https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wor...tland-firster/

Old 09-02-2016, 04:50 PM

809 posts, read 998,043 times
Yeah, I'm terrified. Excuse me while I change my underwear.

We have some very nice vacant houses here in Springfield. Please send them to us. We value people who have the determination and grit to abandon a hellhole and trust to their imagination, ability to persevere, luck and hope of a better future that they will arrive in a far better place. They would enjoy living among people who respect and like rather than fear them.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:17 PM

610 posts, read 533,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgregor View Post
And just look how the Jews don't assimilate in America! That Williamsburg neighborhood in Brooklyn-- I shake in fear every time I visit there....

Yes you should, very sensible. This link is a couple years old but you get the idea....

Inside Brooklyn's 'Knockout Game' Scourge: Racial War Or Just A Senseless Game?

Old 09-04-2016, 02:29 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
There is a very interesting article in the Herald today about racism in Rutland.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pb...09841/0/SEARCH

The fact is racism DOES exist here and it doesn't matter if we are talking about blacks, Muslims, Syrians, or somebody else. Put whatever kind of spin you want on it, it is still racism!

Cat

Old 09-04-2016, 06:52 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
The racism card has been way over used at this point and it is losing its effectiveness but if it makes people on the far left happy using it, go right ahead. I don't care. It doesn't phase me anymore.

I don't care if Arab and African Muslims are white, black, purple, or green. Their color has nothing to do with my objections. I don't care if they are male or female, young or old. What I object to is their religion/culture which is utterly incompatible with Western society. They do not assimilate but rather demand that we adapt to their way. They do not recognize the US Constitution as the highest law of the land, but rather Sharia. They do not see women as having equal rights. They do not see the LGBT community as having any rights, and where they come from that includes the right to simply go on living. Arab and African Muslims are not just like us and they do not share our values.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:52 AM

809 posts, read 998,043 times
Yeah, which is why we're having all those riots in American cities where there are very substantial Muslim populations, from Peoria, Illinois and Columbia, Missouri to Washington DC and New York City. I heard about them on Fox News.

What part of "America, melting pot" do we not understand?

Old 09-05-2016, 11:03 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
The racism card has been way over used at this point and it is losing its effectiveness but if it makes people on the far left happy using it, go right ahead. I don't care. It doesn't phase me anymore.

I don't care if Arab and African Muslims are white, black, purple, or green. Their color has nothing to do with my objections. I don't care if they are male or female, young or old. What I object to is their religion/culture which is utterly incompatible with Western society. They do not assimilate but rather demand that we adapt to their way. They do not recognize the US Constitution as the highest law of the land, but rather Sharia. They do not see women as having equal rights. They do not see the LGBT community as having any rights, and where they come from that includes the right to simply go on living. Arab and African Muslims are not just like us and they do not share our values.

Don't you realize, that by denying these people to come into the country based on their religion is violating the First Amendment of the Constitution (freedom of religion) and insisting that they be Christians is in fact, it's own form of "Sharia law"?

Cat

Old 09-05-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Don't you realize, that by denying these people to come into the country based on their religion is violating the First Amendment of the Constitution (freedom of religion) and insisting that they be Christians is in fact, it's own form of "Sharia law"?

Cat
I don't care if they are Christian or not. Atheists, Jews, Buddhists, Christians and any other religion is welcome. Just not Muslims.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgregor View Post
Yeah, which is why we're having all those riots in American cities where there are very substantial Muslim populations, from Peoria, Illinois and Columbia, Missouri to Washington DC and New York City. I heard about them on Fox News.

What part of "America, melting pot" do we not understand?
My strong belief in the American melting pot is at the core of my objection to the Muslims coming here. Most Muslims do not assimilate but rather expect that we will change to suit their religion. 50 years in Europe and they have not assimilated.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:03 PM

536 posts, read 845,082 times
I live in a place (SE FL) where many Muslims assimilate. Align your "beliefs" with the facts, and look at the terrorism count for non-Muslims. Criminals are criminals. It has nothing to do with religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont