Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 06:29 PM

542 posts, read 710,618 times

Advertisements

I live in Newfane so just south of the Townshend recommendation. That commute from Townshend would suck as would one from Newfane because you are on the other side of the mountain from the highway. There is no good road to springfield. If I were going to settle in VT again I would stay close to the 91 corridor. Newfane is a pretty little town but every time you want to really travel you have to get to the highway which often means backtracking south as it is a long winding trip north.
So Brattleboro? Is that where you want to actually be? It is a doable commute I used to work in Brattleboro with a guy that lived in springfield. He had no issue with it but your going to be really putting the miles on the car, spending 45 minutes each way and much longer on some winter days. It is not out of the question though if you don't mind the drive, You will never have traffic and it is always a pretty trip. Otherwise if you want to be in-between it will be small town rural living. The prior suggestions are all good. Putney, Westminster...... Saxons River is a bit off the highway but then you also get quick access to Bellows Falls area. If your not completely set on having to live in VT you should also look at charlestown and walpole NH Those are nice towns just on the other side of the river. Walpole area has some unique advantages. It is a small wealthy little town right next to bellows falls so there is some shopping and a few places to eat etc. In walpole you are also equidistant to keene and brattleboro so it is like getting 2 towns for the price of one, and keene is a really nice town too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont