Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:38 AM

6 posts, read 14,014 times

Advertisements

Hello, my name is leanne i am 27 years old and I have been living in springfield VT on and off for about 12 years.Aside from living in Bellows Falls VT and chester Vt, I do want to stay in the Green mountain state as my parents live in chester and they love it(Great for them but not for me) My question is can A 27yr living on a fixed income(SSI from a car wreck 2yrs ago,mental issues) live anywhere else in vermont and still be able to work part-time?and have a life?For an ALMOST 30 yr old I have not much, I have no kids and never been married. Being in a dead-end town such as Springfield vt as worn my hopes and asperations down to nothing I feel as if I am stuck In a really bad nightmare of nothingness that springfield is. I feel as if I am More than the town I live and need to make a much needed change. Can Anyone help me? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 08:11 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,897 times
How about Rutland? It is larger than Springfield and not as expensive as Burlington.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:01 PM

Wink That would be cool.....

Yeah that would be cool cause its near NY,But the Crime and gangs are a little too Previlant up around there. I guess the police pull bodies out of the otter creek all the time,from what i hear from actual residents that is,and some from the news. Anywhere ELSE near NY while still in VT? Has to be reasonable for a living and a life. Thanks alot for the thought though,I need to find A good spot to settle down and make something out of the nothing that I have. Again thanks alot.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:21 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
I'd avoid Rutland, go a little North, I don't have any specific suggestions, but you could have relatively easy access to NY (and Rutland) and not live in Rutland. Do a little driving when you get the chance and check some areas out to see what looks best, then further investigate the area...

Old 06-15-2008, 01:06 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
What about heading SW toward Bennington?

Old 06-15-2008, 08:00 PM

2,062 posts, read 3,961,807 times
Or how about Bratt??

Old 06-18-2008, 08:58 AM

2 posts, read 4,187 times
hey wanted to say I know what you mean,small town living can wear on you no matter where you stand in life.Have you thought about places a lil more populated like rutland you would still be kinda close to family but in a lil bigger area of things to do and depending on work preferences you could probably do that too..just a thought.I have thought about getting out of vt period but have traveled some and the grass isn't greener on the other side of the fense so to speak,vt 's not bad in alot of ways..rob

Old 06-19-2008, 11:51 AM

Hey thanks guys.Thought about Putney...close to Bratt and Ma. Bennington...??? Don't kno much of Benn,Vt. Any good towns that have Community programs( Classes,forums,) Looking for small town education...(no competition with big town college students for work) Good job turn-out. Thanks.

Old 06-22-2008, 02:19 AM

1,032 posts, read 4,264,160 times
Have you considered Burlington?

I know it's not cheap up there, but it's such a cool place!

WE lived up there for 3 years, and I just loved it!

Old 07-27-2008, 03:50 PM

33 posts, read 98,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TITANIUMCHICK View Post
Hello, my name is leanne i am 27 years old and I have been living in springfield VT on and off for about 12 years.Aside from living in Bellows Falls VT and chester Vt, I do want to stay in the Green mountain state as my parents live in chester and they love it(Great for them but not for me) My question is can A 27yr living on a fixed income(SSI from a car wreck 2yrs ago,mental issues) live anywhere else in vermont and still be able to work part-time?and have a life?For an ALMOST 30 yr old I have not much, I have no kids and never been married. Being in a dead-end town such as Springfield vt as worn my hopes and asperations down to nothing I feel as if I am stuck In a really bad nightmare of nothingness that springfield is. I feel as if I am More than the town I live and need to make a much needed change. Can Anyone help me? Thanks.
I feel your pain. i was born and raised there. Since I left there in 1986 it is almost half the population it was! I guess everyone else took the hint and got out of there! And yes there isn't anything to do except get drunk and smoke pot! However, that is what many small towns that are losing population are like!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont