Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 06:17 PM

23,591 posts, read 70,383,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
On my way to Middlebury on Route 30 I saw there was a farm selling fresh milk. I think it was in the Town of Cornwall. There was a sign in front of the farm.
If I ever got the notion to do that, I would name my farm Breast and give free samples. But only if I could make the sign...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 08:35 AM

43 posts, read 138,639 times
saw this in the addison today.

Raw milk picks up advocates

Submitted by Addison Independent on July 28, 2008 - 3:03pm.
By KATHRYN FLAGG
ADDISON — Unsurprisingly, dairy farmer Mike Eastman is a big milk drinker.
“I drink three quarts, three and a half quarts a day,” he said, grinning. “I drink a lot.”
But Eastman’s smile — and that telltale milk moustache — aren’t splashed across the iconic “Got Milk?” posters made famous over the last 15 years by a national advertising campaign. Instead, he’s at the forefront of a fight closer to home.

http://www.addisonindependent.com/node/1455

MOD CUT - Per the terms of service of this website: Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post.

Last edited by vter; 07-29-2008 at 09:08 AM..

Old 07-29-2008, 12:35 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,757,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmama! View Post

By KATHRYN FLAGG
“I drink three quarts, three and a half quarts a day,” he said, grinning. “I drink a lot.”
But Eastman’s smile — and that telltale milk moustache — aren’t splashed across the iconic “Got Milk?” posters made famous over the last 15 years by a national advertising campaign. Instead, he’s at the forefront of a fight closer to home.

Raw milk picks up advocates | Addison County Independent
Thank you for sharing that article - very interesting!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:03 AM

43 posts, read 138,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmama! View Post

By KATHRYN FLAGG

Raw milk picks up advocates | Addison County Independent

MOD CUT - Per the terms of service of this website: Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post.
sorry about that.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:36 PM

65 posts, read 214,916 times
You all know about www.rawmilk.com right? Raw milk sources listed by state.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:30 PM

100 posts, read 381,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post

Anyone remember the old fashioned milk in the bottle where the cream would rise to the top?
Strafford Dairy sells an Organic Creamline milk, but it isn't raw.

It is in a glass bottle though with cream on the top.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:34 AM

19 posts, read 76,157 times
Hey! I wrote about this on my blog, about a week ago. I buy my raw milk in Chester, from Lisa Kaiman. Her address is 157 Thompson Road, Chester. If you use google maps you can see where it is. Moderator cut: no advertising
LOVE that milk. Nothing else tastes like it. Yum.

Last edited by vter; 08-16-2008 at 11:56 AM..

Old 08-16-2008, 02:21 PM

36 posts, read 229,007 times
Also http://realmilk.org/ is a good site but I think someone mentioned it. Love the thread! We live in CA and are raw milk drinkers. We are planning a vacation to Vermont this fall and LOVE the idea we can eat local food and drink raw milk while we're there.

You can read a good section about lactose intolerance (or more accurately low lactase production) in Nina Planck's book Real Food.

By the way, we give our 3 1/2 year old daughter raw milk and raw cheese everyday and she's suffered no ill effects and loves the taste. We buy a cal brank called Organic Pastures. They say that to sell to grocery stores here, the government has more rigorous testing methods than they do on processed milk. Honestly, this milk is safer to me than the factory cows milk any day!

Old 08-18-2008, 09:13 PM

26 posts, read 81,998 times
I've been drinking raw milk all my life, but always from family farms. Not the huge commercial operations. That makes a huge difference, IMO.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:18 PM

26 posts, read 81,998 times
Oh, I also wanted to add that my mother grew up on a dairy farm, and in Pennsylvania I lived in a rural farming community so I knew many farming families. They always collected their milk directly from the tank in the barn for their own consumption. I can't wait to get a cow someday so I can know exactly where the milk is coming from. Until then, I'm thankful that in Vermont it's so easy to find raw milk. My sister lives in WA state and raw milk sales are illegal there (unless you are buying it for your pet).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont