Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2008, 02:29 PM

11 posts, read 48,542 times

Advertisements

Hello,

This is my first post.

My husband I are considering retiring to Vermont and we will be spending two weeks in January in the Montpelier area and were wondering if you know of any nice places to stay, be it condo's or furnished homes.

We decided we better visit Vermont in the dead of Winter before we actually make the move.

Thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 03:46 PM

894 posts, read 1,558,558 times
VerShare Stagecoach Stop Hostel - Lodging in Vershire, Vermont (http://www.vershare.org/hostel.html - broken link)
I think there is a 5 day limit but you could probably go somewhere else for a night or two then come back. A bit rustic but cheap.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:57 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,584 times
You may find you won't want to spend the whole two weeks in the Montpelier area.

There are a number of reasonably priced places to stay on the outskirts of Burlington. Burlington is beautiful and vibrant and offers lots to do. And I'd want to visit Stowe, as well as The Mad River Valley. Middlebury too.

Enjoy

Old 12-15-2008, 08:41 AM

102 posts, read 313,317 times
I agree with Chaz. Get out and see other areas, too. We had friends from Louisiana visit us for just five days in Oct. I could not believe how much we saw in just those few days. We had it planned out well in advance and were gone from early morning until evening each day. We got to see towns from Weston to Burlington, from Fort Ti (in NY state of course!) to Queeche. We took in many historic sites and touristy places too. They had a ball and were thrilled to see so much of the state !

Old 12-15-2008, 02:01 PM

104 posts, read 491,613 times
Montpelier has a small population of 8000 or so and has limited lodging (condos etc), you may want to go 20 to 30 min drive away in Stowe or Warren where those ski areas offer many condos.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:42 PM

6 posts, read 18,504 times
definately want to go see other places in vermont, i can guarantee you will be BORED out of your mind if you just stay in montpelier.... its pretty boring there. burlington is where its at. you will find that you will spend alot of time in the burlington area if you plan to move here, because thats where all the major stores are at. just my two cents (from a vermonter whos lived here 19 years.... and is sick of it.)

Old 12-20-2008, 05:40 AM

1,822 posts, read 5,132,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah222 View Post
definately want to go see other places in vermont, i can guarantee you will be BORED out of your mind if you just stay in montpelier....

That is a matter of opinion. I could spend the rest of my life in Montpelier and not get bored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont