Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 06:01 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times

Advertisements

Who's got it and how good is it?

Most importantly is how good is the online multiplayer part of the game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 07:21 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,090,473 times
Thumbs up Halo: Reach

I’ve got it and I think it’s pretty good. Most of the issues from Halo 3 like the choppy frame rate have been addressed.

On-line is great too depending on which game type you choose. I don’t enjoy Reach’s Team Death Match as much as that of MW2 but today I played Capture the Flag and it was a blast. Literally the most enjoyable Halo experience I’ve had since H2.

Graphically Reach is drop dead gorgeous with detailed environments and vibrant textures. Hands-down it’s the best looking game in the series by a wide margin.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:24 AM

We purchased Reach the other day and while I have yet to get a chance to play it, the multiplayer doesnt look fun/exciting at all. I guess I may just need to spend a few hours with it to see for myself, but after so much MW2, it just looks slow and boring.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:20 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
> Multiplayer
> Not fun

Huh. Perhaps you should join my friends and I because we have an absolute blast with the multiplayer custom modes. You know, stuff like infinite jetpack, rockets, gravity hammer in a custom-map with lots of places to fall off. X_X I suicided so many times thanks to this. Then there was the Infection mode where we holed ourselves into a room with 2 entrances and made a literal Wall of Spartans. Infected friend came waltzing into our wall of bullets... again and again again.

We had 9 people and were playing for 'bout 3 or 4 hours.

I will say though... those girl Spartans have some serious hips. I totally went stereotypical and made mine pink.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:18 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Best Halo ever.

ANd I normally don't enjoy multiplayer, but playing with Rita and other friends was a blast.

Quite literally.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:23 PM

Yeah, online multiplayer pretty much sucks. Game looks good visually, but the fun factor is nowhere near MW2. I know they are totally different games, but both are FPS, and for my money and pure fun factor, it doesnt even come close to MW2.

Plus, the ungodly LOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGG amount of time I takes for multiplayer games to load is horrible. Im thinking "dude, start the game already".

I give Halo Reach multiplayer 1 out of 5 stars.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:11 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Yeah, online multiplayer pretty much sucks. Game looks good visually, but the fun factor is nowhere near MW2. I know they are totally different games, but both are FPS, and for my money and pure fun factor, it doesnt even come close to MW2.
Meh.

I've had more fun with Reach's multiplayer than MW2.

Then again, I'm not a fan of Call of Duty.

Or mutliplayer that takes itself too seriously.

Quote:
Plus, the ungodly LOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGG amount of time I takes for multiplayer games to load is horrible.
I never, ever, experienced this problem.

Even before installing the game,which cut the load times in half.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:29 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,395,465 times
I have it, and it's ok. Nothing epic about the campaign mode and multiplayer imo doesn't seem to flow as well as Halo 3. Also a lot of the maps are old Halo 2 maps with new skins. That being said I've been a fan of Halo for the past 5 or 6 years so for a Halo fan I'm satisfied- if I were new to the Halo series it wouldn't win me over.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:30 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Plus, the ungodly LOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGG amount of time I takes for multiplayer games to load is horrible. Im thinking "dude, start the game already".
I agree 100%.

First you have to find matched players.. Then you vote once, then a second time (usually), then watch people who hate the choice back out by signing out or cutting of their Xbox. Next you have a countdown, then a wait screen before AND after the game.

With MW2 you pick your poison and hop right in a game.

Reach is still pretty fun though.. I like firefight mode and messing around in Forge World.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games