Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 09:12 AM

1,292 posts, read 4,704,988 times

Advertisements

The Wii is able to play in HD, so every game will look like you're playing a PS2 or old Xbox game on your HDTV. But hey if you're not enjoying the PS3 whats the point in keeping it? If you really wanted to trade the longer you wait the more value you're losing. Sure you would be downgrading but the whole point in having a entertainment system is to be entertained, if you want you could get a DS they have similar games as the Wii.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 08:34 PM

290 posts, read 922,035 times
Have you tried any Move games?

Old 10-02-2010, 12:05 PM

385 posts, read 626,467 times
Have you played Little Big Planet for PS3? Little Big Planet 2 is coming out soon.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:28 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,600,306 times
PS3 is the Future.

Look at what it has going for itself. ( The Playstation Eye and the Motion Controller )

Ill be amazed if someone gets bored with it.

Like Shia Lebouf said, " Nintendo Wii is an amatuer console"

Old 10-12-2010, 09:04 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,032 times
I think you should make the trade. Send it right up to me and I'll send my wii right down to you. Straight across no questions asked.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:26 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,326,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
No way. The Wii sucks unless you just like to pay kids games. Plus, you normally get pawnshop prices on any game product you sell, so it's rarely worth trading.
This is definitely not true.
a kid would be destroyed trying to play Sin and Punishment 2 or Monster Hunter Tri. There are some fiendishly difficult Wii games that are definitely not osmething a kid would have much success at playing. OF course there are exceptions, but not generally so.

That said, for the OP, if you relly enjoy quirkier games of a bit more variety than what the HD twins offer, then yeah I would suggest a Wii. Contrary to peoples opinions on this board, the Wii offers a surprisingly large amount of great games that wont break your wallet. HD is good for a bit of wow factor, but that is beginning to wear off. Now its expected for a game to look great and have all sorts of effects. It isnt amazing anymore. BLuray is nice, but if you dont use it much, I dont see the harm in trading for a Wii and picking up a cheap BLuray player if you have to have BR. Ultimately it depends on how much you would enjoy a Wii, which based on how you reacted to the wall of Wii games, I think youd reallyl ike it. I know I love the system. It really goes beyond the motion sensing at this point and its just plain a great system with some unique games experiences you cant get on 360/PS3.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:09 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,127,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I've had a PS3 (and used to have a PS2) for many years now, and I do like the system...

Finally, does $100 in store credit for an older model (80GB) PS3 sound fair?
Well your gonna take a lose on the system. But im sure if you post 80GB PS3 and 3 games on Craigslist/Ebay you could pull in 200 or at least 150. If your not a serious gamer then the PS3 is not really what ya want or need. Granted its video quaility is better than the Wii and its more familiar to ya, but the Wii is loads of fun. You dont have to spend 20+ hrs a week to have fun with it. And ya friends that dont have any kinda system will feel right at home with it. You might wanna check if you can rent a Wii system before ya buy or just push the lil 7yr old out the way at Best Buy..LOL

Old 10-25-2010, 01:25 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
I agree with keep your PS3....if you go to Game Stop, then you know there are a zillion cheap PS2 games that you could play on your PS3. (That is right, isn't it?)

The Wii games I think are SO exensive still. The DS does have a lot of good girly games. Costco has DSXLs right now with a $30 off coupon.

BTW, have you played Kingdom Hearts? Totally awesome even for us girls.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:33 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times
[quote=Rita Mordio;15907761]No. Don't sell your PS3. If not for the games, you can still use it for the Blu-Ray capacity. Save up your money and buy a Wii straight out. I have all three consoles, myself. The worst is the Wii because the games are only fun when you've got a group of people together.[/quote]

This is utter nonsense. I VERY much enjoyed Super Mario Galaxy 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Both are primarily single player games. SMG2 is the highest rated Wii game of all time, according to GameSpot.com and GameRankings.com. Personally, I prefer single player gaming over multiplayer, by a long shot.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:01 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
No. Don't sell your PS3. If not for the games, you can still use it for the Blu-Ray capacity. Save up your money and buy a Wii straight out. I have all three consoles, myself. The worst is the Wii because the games are only fun when you've got a group of people together.
This is utter nonsense. I VERY much enjoyed Super Mario Galaxy 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Both are primarily single player games. SMG2 is the highest rated Wii game of all time, according to GameSpot.com and GameRankings.com. Personally, I prefer single player gaming over multiplayer, by a long shot.
So, the poster should trade in a relevant system with capacities beyond gaming.... in exchange for a $200 system that has two "great" games? Let's just ignore that the Wii's slogan is: Wii Play Together. Now, I found the original SMG to be a poor game at best, I've not played the second, so it may be a much needed improvement. As for Twilight Princess? It was cute the first time.

In fact, a lot of Wii games are like that. There's a lot of cute and dorky games, but they quickly lose their novelty. I mean, if the person has something like Gamefly, then getting a Wii would make sense. You like something you got? Buy it. Bam, you now own it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games