Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2010, 09:44 AM

192 posts, read 435,210 times

Advertisements

Anyone else having problems with this game? I'm playing it on PS3, and while it's otherwise a great game, it is EXTREMELY buggy and crashes pretty often, forcing me to hard reset the console. Bethesda has released two patches already (released only 2 months ago), but these apparently haven't addressed the freezing/crashing issues. I've heard that there are issues with the Xbox and PC versions as well.

It's really a shame, because otherwise it's a lot of fun, but because of the technical issues I'm not sure I would recommend buying it. Apparently there were similar issues with Fallout 3 and Oblivion, but I played both those games without this degree of problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,708,402 times
I'm a big fan of the Fallout series. I pre ordered New Vegas and played it since it came out (PC). Despite what people say, I haven't noticed any stability or performance issues, and to be honest I was expecting the game to crash frequently.. and it didn't! I didn't have any major issues with F3 and Oblivion either, but I've heard horror stories online. A friend of mine had to download a crack because the original copy he bought kept telling him the disc isn't original...
Yac.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:20 PM

48 posts, read 137,053 times
I've been playing fallout vegas for a couple weeks now, and honestly, I've only had 1 time where the game crashed, and taht could have been the xbox and not the game.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:58 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,759,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbbphh View Post
Anyone else having problems with this game? I'm playing it on PS3, and while it's otherwise a great game, it is EXTREMELY buggy and crashes pretty often, forcing me to hard reset the console. Bethesda has released two patches already (released only 2 months ago), but these apparently haven't addressed the freezing/crashing issues. I've heard that there are issues with the Xbox and PC versions as well.

It's really a shame, because otherwise it's a lot of fun, but because of the technical issues I'm not sure I would recommend buying it. Apparently there were similar issues with Fallout 3 and Oblivion, but I played both those games without this degree of problems.
I got it for Xbox and yea, it's buggy. It's no improvment over Fallout 3 either; more like a giant piece of DLC.

It also drives me nuts that you can't walk to the tops of the mountains even though they aren't at the end of the map or too steep, or when I routinely get mobbed by creatures way over my character level. I gave up on it when I got killed by a group of 7 or so deathclaws and was only level 10. It was the final straw... I want my 60 bucks back.

Last edited by Chango; 12-16-2010 at 02:21 PM..

Old 12-16-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I got it for Xbox and yea, it's buggy. It's no improvment over Fallout 3 either; more like a giant piece of DLC.

It also drives me nuts that you can't walk to the tops of the mountains even though they aren't at the end of the map or too steep, or when I routinely get mobbed by creatures way over my character level. I gave up on it when I got killed by a group of 7 or so deathclaws and was only level 10. It was the final straw... I want my 60 bucks back.
I actually like the fact that there are areas of the game that are too hard for lower levels; to me, this provides incentive to advance my character so that I can come back and get revenge later.

Regarding impassable geography - yes, this is annoying. I don't know if you ever played it, but in Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (the Bethesda game before Oblivion), you could fly with the appropriate spell - even over otherwise insurmountable obstacles like mountain ranges. This ability was not available for Oblivion, nor is it available in any of the FO games - maybe it was too powerful. But it was great in Morrowind (which overall is still my favorite - the later Bethesda sandbox games may be technically/graphically better, but MW really was groundbreaking).

Old 12-16-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
I'm a big fan of the Fallout series. I pre ordered New Vegas and played it since it came out (PC). Despite what people say, I haven't noticed any stability or performance issues, and to be honest I was expecting the game to crash frequently.. and it didn't! I didn't have any major issues with F3 and Oblivion either, but I've heard horror stories online. A friend of mine had to download a crack because the original copy he bought kept telling him the disc isn't original...
Yac.
Well, I'm jealous. I never had issues with Oblivion (on XBox 360), and I didn't have problems with Fallout 3 on PS3. But I'm finding FONV on PS3 to be choppy, with occasional excessively long load times, crashes every few hours, and the occasional random bug (ants getting stuck in mountains, armor that can't be worn, etc). I'm just hoping it holds together long enough so that I can finish the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games