Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 10:44 PM

126 posts, read 101,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Slant Six Games has thus far made its bread off of Sony's SOCOM: Navy SEALs franchise. However, last year word emerged that the studio may be branching out when Kotaku ran a rumor indicating that the studio was staffing up for Resident Evil: Raccoon City, a "team-based" spin-off for the franchise.

Now, it looks as if those rumors were well founded. Gaming website Stick Skills claims to have secured an advance copy of the May 2011 issue of the Official Xbox Magazine, within which are the first details on Slant Six's Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Stick Skills ran down the details from the story on its website and forwarded a photo of the periodical to Joystiq.

According to the website, Operation Raccoon City will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this winter. It will reportedly be set in 1998, around the time of Umbrella's original T-virus outbreak. The squad-based shooter sees gamers assuming the role of one of four members in an Umbrella Security Services troupe.

A player's objective will reportedly be to cover up all evidence of the outbreak, indiscriminately killing zombies and survivors alike. However, not all humans will be easy prey, as the "three-corner conflict" reportedly sees gamers facing off against US Spec Ops.
Source: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City infecting 360, PS3 - Report - News at GameSpot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 09:12 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,991,888 times
.....and your opinion on this?

Old 03-27-2011, 06:26 PM

306 posts, read 135,617 times
i love the zombie killing action these games give but it sounds based on the 2nd movie apocolipse... either way your in the **** if you run into alice.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:16 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,146,060 times
If they include "Alice" in this game, I would be quite disappointed... especially since those movies are not canon to the games. Other than that, this game looks interesting. Hopefully they'll toss in some Wesker.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:41 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,030,547 times
As long as they don't include the godawful original RE gameplay, and do a gameplay similar to that of RE4/5, I'm game.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:21 AM

126 posts, read 101,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
As long as they don't include the godawful original RE gameplay, and do a gameplay similar to that of RE4/5, I'm game.
Are you joking? 4 and 5 are considered by pretty much all fans to be the worst games in the series and the classics are considered to be the best.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:32 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,991,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samusaran253 View Post
Are you joking? 4 and 5 are considered by pretty much all fans to be the worst games in the series and the classics are considered to be the best.
Maybe he is young and does not appreciate the original gameplay?

Old 03-29-2011, 03:26 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,704,519 times
Quote:
I thought 4 was game of the year and considered one of the best games of all time. I've played through it and 5 and like them quite well, but I have played some of the older ones too. It seems like the last shooter style RE game they made was a flop.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:25 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,030,547 times
Quote:
I am not and never have been a "fan" of the RE series. So, what they whine about I don't exactly care about. The original gameplay was mindnumbingly bad, and RE4 was a godsend for the series, and 5 improved upon that.

Quick note. I'm also a "Sonic Fan". And I consider Sonic Unleashed to be the best Sonic game ever released, despite actually growing up with the series, starting with the very first.

What the fans say, is irrelevant to what I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Maybe he is young and does not appreciate the original gameplay?
24, first RE game was RE2, played RE1 shortly after that. Thought it was novel at first, but soon began to abhor the RE gameplay quite thoroughly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games