Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 11:45 AM

9 posts, read 15,341 times

Advertisements

I have seen tons of hatred between gamers when Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 has been revealed. So I decided to make this thread. Now you need an opinion on why you hate or like the game! And No Battlefeild 3 talk, its stupid saying that its better then all games combined, SO NO BF3 TALK!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 01:31 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
A deck of cards,,,, you can play any number of card games with others and they don't need batteries, the pc, or the internet.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:59 PM

874 posts, read 1,648,461 times
I don't like any games made by Treyarch, like BO and WaW. For online, my favorite game is CoD4 because it's the most balanced online game I've ever played so I never get pissed. lol

For offline, I enjoy games like Dead Rising 2 and Oblivion where I have tons of freedom and just kill whatever I want and do whatever I want. But those are just my types of games. There isn't "the best" and "the worst" games, it's all about what you like and opinion.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:09 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
I just friggin' LOVE MW2. Best online multiplayer FPS game ever created. This is even in spite of the glaring weaknesses like the little kids who run around with Intervention sniper rifles doing quickscoping which is basically utilizing a glitch in the system to play. That and the boosters. Other than those two black eyes on this game, its still the most fun and most exciting FPS game ever.

I just really really really really really really hope that MW3 doesnt have quickscoping and no tactical insertions.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:55 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,680 times
Prefix: I thought this thread was about good and worst games, not a thread about CoD vs BF. Thus, I will speak on CoD vs BF...

My opinion...
Call of Duty - I have enjoyed the single player experience in the games. Graphically they look nice. That's where it ends... Why would I want to play a game online that is glitched and abused? The same game that shut down servers on PS3 for a week or so due to people hacking the CoD servers. For me, this isn't the environment I want to play a FPS online.

As for Battlefield and DICE, they take the time to monitor the servers and make sure things aren't being abused. They actually patch accordingly in a timely manner unlike Activision's groups. Their online experience has and will always been a better experience that CoD. This is why everyone is praising BF3 more than MW3.

Though, do realize that both games are completely different FPS titles. One is arcadic/CS clone (i.e. CoD) and the other is a slower paced war title (i.e. BF).

Old 05-27-2011, 02:20 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
Love: COD MW - Great game with nice mods and custom maps and servers
Hate: MOH - The latest version was beyond a freaking joke. The character movement was sloppy at best and nothing ticked me off worse than getting sniped across teh map by a shotgun ...

Old 05-28-2011, 09:22 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
There isn't "the best" and "the worst" games, it's all about what you like and opinion.
So true. It really is all about what each person likes so there really isnt a "best or worst" game.

I have a couple of the Elder Scrolls games and I loved them........ for about 2-3 days, then go so bored of them I could never play again. I am definitely a FPS gamer and not a role playing gamer. There is only so much I can take of "Here outlander, take this rat meat to Sirius Uriel and pick up a book from him. Then take it to the Mages Guild and give to Sorias Doppler, then return to me and I'll give you a spell..." UGHH!! WTF!!?? I HATE games like that. Just give me a modern day FPS or a great story line FPS game and Im good.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:42 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
Dungeons and dragons the board game. Never played it but without d and d you have no zelda, or final fantasy or LOTR movies etc etc.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:42 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,687 times
Sports games. *YAWN*

Old 06-18-2011, 02:57 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
My favorite PS3 games:

Most any racing games. Right now, I am into Dirt 3 and am eagerly awaiting NFS: Run.
I still like Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I can play them for a couple hours easy.
Sandbox games, especially ones by Rockstar. Midnight Club is a sandbox and racing game by Rockstar. Someone mentioned games being work now and I do agree. GTA4 really felt more like a job than anything but I still enjoyed it.

I haven't played anything other than video games for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games