Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 360, PS3, or Wii?
360 23 41.07%
PS3 14 25.00%
Wii 12 21.43%
They all suck 4 7.14%
I like them all/more than one 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 08:04 PM

412 posts, read 939,293 times

Advertisements

Many gamers complain about the lack of good games for the Wii. I'm just a casual player, but I haven't had any trouble finding a variety of good games, like Resident Evil 4, Zack and Wiki, and, of course, Wii Sports and Wii Fit.

Of course, if you play all the time, you'll need a huge game library to keep you satisfied. If you're in that situation, then you probably want a PS3 or Xbox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 09:28 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
PS3: I'm a longtime Sony Fanboy. I want to love the PS3. I really do. But the lack of a decent (exclusive) lineup keeps me from doing this. Any good game I can get on the PS3, I can normally get it on the 360. Don't get me wrong, the PS3 has some great exclusives, but the 360 has so much more to offer in that category. The PS3 is the best bang for your buck, though. The best blu-ray player for its price, a good lineup (if you do include the multi-console games), and the best media-hub.

However, Home does suck. There is absolutley no excuse for the suckage of Home for how long they've been working on it.

360- Let me say this first and formost: I am an RPG fanboy. First and foremost. I go where the RPGs take me. And this time around, they take me to the Xbox 360. The 360 has the most RPGs, multiconsole and exclusive, out of all 3 consoles. The 360 has the greatest variety and the greatest quality games out there. Granted, some may attribute this to the 360 being out longer, but all I really have to say to that is the PS2. Took it a good 2 years to start getting quality games on it. The 360 had it going from day 1. Add netflix to the mix, and you have an excellent console.

Wii: The only good reason I can suggest this console to someone is for the Virtual Console. I'm still giving it a chance, but the lack of a decent lineup is troubling to say the least. Even Nintendo's first party offerings aren't all that great this time around. Nintendo really dropped the ball IMO. The only reason they're doing good is due to good marketing. Otherwise, they're repeating the failures of the past 2 generations.

One subject I didn't touch on: Online gaming. I won't touch on it. As I really don't care about it. I'm not an online gamer.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:18 PM

64 posts, read 265,678 times
For traditional gamers, they would probably be much happier with a 360 or PS3, but if you have kids, then Wii is great. It is weaker from a tech standpoint, but is very appealing to non-traditional gamers. My wife would never play a game on xbox, but she loves the Wii..Fit and Sports.. also, it gets you off the couch and moving. My favorite.. Guitar Hero World tour. It's great to be able to rock out with my kids to music from my generation, and they love it! Journey, Boston, Aerosmith, Metallica! great family fun.. The kids also love Mario Cart racing... some of the games are a bit too kiddish... try to check out games from the library, or borrow from friends before buying if possible...

Old 02-14-2009, 03:21 PM

64 posts, read 265,678 times
One more benefit for the WII.. Shawn White Snowboarding with the fit board.. no other ski/snowboarding video game can compare...

Old 02-16-2009, 08:47 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,466 times
I am far from a kid and I enjoy playing Wii. Wii Fit is my favorite

Old 02-18-2009, 01:29 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
I am far from a kid and I enjoy playing Wii. Wii Fit is my favorite
My Wii was my retirement present last year from my wife. I"m in my early 50s and with the other 2 there are too many buttons to use. We have built up a nice library of games so far. Like the pinball, but wish the board or whatever you call it would stay still. Most of the time your ball is down by the flippers and you're still looking at the top!

Old 02-18-2009, 01:38 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,583,894 times
360 here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games