Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2012, 02:47 AM

2,314 posts, read 1,841,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
The Dark Brotherhood is my favorite quest.
I only did the first "kill" quest for them where I took out 3 targets. I've heard it was a really awesome quest line. I have three days off of work starting tomorrow so I know what I'm going to be doing lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 06:12 PM

After a few hours of playing, I'm finally off to find the elder scroll! I have a feeling it won't be there and another quest will pop up. I just got done talking to that weird guy in a cave near the College of Winterhold and he told me where the scroll was.. Time to rest my eyes and come back and get it (hopefully!)

Old 12-25-2012, 11:54 AM

Just defeated Alduin! Wow, that main quest line was really amazing. The final fight was really fun, I was prepared for it but still was nervous. The only time I had to look up something was trapping Odahviing. Now I can do the quad-zillion side quests without worrying about the main quest. I think I'll start with the Dark Brotherhood since I'm already guild leader of the thieves guild.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:34 PM

632 posts, read 1,028,177 times
What kind of class are you playing?

I have a few profiles right now on Skyrim and my classes are:

1. Sexy female Bretan Necromancer/shock wizard.

2. Sexy female Redguard sword and board warrior. Gave her blonde hair so she looks EXACTLY like Khalesi Mother of Dragons from Game of Thrones.

3. Male Orc two handed warrior

4. Sexy Female High Elf Necromancer/fire wizard.

5. Sexy female Dark Elf Sneak Assassin.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:25 PM

I play a Kahjiit Thief. I was told by a co-worker that a thief is really hard to play, but it's what I played in Oblivion. I've found the thief is really easy to play in Skyrim, except close combat which I've rarely had to do. I like plucking enemies away from a distance and if they survive they don't know what hit them and run around with an arrow stuck in their head . I have a warrior companion though, so I usually leave the close combat to him. He's not very bright and triggers pressure plates, then complains when he gets hurt.

The Kahjiit is my only character - I've only played Skyrim for a month. However, I have 50 hours racked up so far which is a lot for me. If I ever made another character, I'd definitely go warrior, or a mage/warrior hybrid.

What character have you enjoyed the most, Capablanca?

Old 12-25-2012, 09:28 PM

They are all so completely different that its like Im playing all different games.

I think I enjoy the necro mages the most. So much fun re-animating dead enemies or conjuring dremora demon lords to fight for/with me.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:50 PM

I've really never been into being a magic user on any of the Elder Scrolls games for some reason, I might have to try it. I'll keep you updated . I plan to play this thief for quite some time though haha.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:10 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,545,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
I play a Kahjiit Thief. I was told by a co-worker that a thief is really hard to play, but it's what I played in Oblivion. I've found the thief is really easy to play in Skyrim, except close combat which I've rarely had to do. I like plucking enemies away from a distance and if they survive they don't know what hit them and run around with an arrow stuck in their head . I have a warrior companion though, so I usually leave the close combat to him. He's not very bright and triggers pressure plates, then complains when he gets hurt.

The Kahjiit is my only character - I've only played Skyrim for a month. However, I have 50 hours racked up so far which is a lot for me. If I ever made another character, I'd definitely go warrior, or a mage/warrior hybrid.

What character have you enjoyed the most, Capablanca?
A theif is insanely overpowered in Skyrim. What is it, like 15X damage with a dagger when undetected? Crazy, I tell you. The hardest part for me playing as a thief was patience in dealing with dragons. I really had to stop and plan my attack strategy out before engaging.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
A theif is insanely overpowered in Skyrim. What is it, like 15X damage with a dagger when undetected? Crazy, I tell you. The hardest part for me playing as a thief was patience in dealing with dragons. I really had to stop and plan my attack strategy out before engaging.
I agree about them being overpowered. My Dark Elf Sneak Illusion assassin wasted people really easily, especially if you have the Sneak Assassin perk on the sneak tree when you get sneak to 100.

Illusion is in my opinion the most boring way to play. After completing Dragonborn with my assassin, I spent a dragon soul to redistribute all of the perks I took in Illusion to use elsewhere.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:32 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,154,138 times
I haven't played dragonborn yet but I'm pumped. It doesn't come out for PC for another month I think, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games