Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 02:25 PM

142 posts, read 249,053 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty sure Jambo has figured things out now thanks to Brill's description but just to addthe thread and what was said, here are the locations on the map.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 01:30 PM

16,871 posts, read 10,519,267 times
Wow, this is the next generation of Zelda? I certainly hope not. Who programed the graphics in this game, a six year old in India? I mean, holy crap pile is this game a letdown after Twilight Princess. If I wanted to play supernintendo I would buy one or buy the old games on Wii, and they wouldn't cost 60 dollars.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:07 PM

62 posts, read 109,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Wow, this is the next generation of Zelda? I certainly hope not. Who programed the graphics in this game, a six year old in India? I mean, holy crap pile is this game a letdown after Twilight Princess. If I wanted to play supernintendo I would buy one or buy the old games on Wii, and they wouldn't cost 60 dollars.
I really hope you aren't basing this comment off of the picture in the above post, because all that is, is a map. Maybe you don't like the particular art style they chose for the game, but the graphics have been highly regarded by almost everyone who has reviewed the game.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:43 AM

812 posts, read 733,416 times
I personally thought this game was vastly superior to Twilight Princess in almost every aspect.

If I had one big complaint, it would be that the controls for swimming are quite annoying.

The final boss battle was epic, and once I got the feel for the controls, fighting in the game was a breeze. I like the graphics better then TP myself, but to each their own. I know a lot of people that would never play Wind Waker because of the graphics and they missed out on an excellent game. The same can be said for Skyward Sword.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:51 PM

2,883 posts, read 5,875,355 times
How do you get the hornets to appear in Farron Woods? I need some hornet larvae for an upgrade.

-So far I'm up to the ghost ship. Pretty fun game, I'd give an 8.5 or 9 out of 10.

I like the side quests, and the characters are interesting, like fledge. Cool name. The bug collecting is pretty cool.

Also, on the map when you're flying there are these icons with chests appearing. But when you go there, you can't find them? They are very small islands. Like around Dodoh's game. The chests show up from the goddess cubes on the map, but then you can't actually find them.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:41 PM

62 posts, read 109,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
How do you get the hornets to appear in Farron Woods? I need some hornet larvae for an upgrade.

-So far I'm up to the ghost ship. Pretty fun game, I'd give an 8.5 or 9 out of 10.

I like the side quests, and the characters are interesting, like fledge. Cool name. The bug collecting is pretty cool.

Also, on the map when you're flying there are these icons with chests appearing. But when you go there, you can't find them? They are very small islands. Like around Dodoh's game. The chests show up from the goddess cubes on the map, but then you can't actually find them.

You have to find a bee hive and knock it down to get the Hornet Larvae. As far as the chests are concerned... there is a way to get them. You just have to figure out exactly how to do it. Sometimes you have to land on certain parts of the island and other times there might be vines you need to climb. Almost all of them should be accessible at the point of the game you are at.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:48 AM

2,883 posts, read 5,875,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghson86 View Post
You have to find a bee hive and knock it down to get the Hornet Larvae. As far as the chests are concerned... there is a way to get them. You just have to figure out exactly how to do it. Sometimes you have to land on certain parts of the island and other times there might be vines you need to climb. Almost all of them should be accessible at the point of the game you are at.
The trees in faron woods have a yellow, like a mellon that can be knocked down. There were 2 or 3 hives in the flat area when I first played. Now its mostly just Bokoblins.

The only hornet nest I found last time playing faron woods was on the great tree.

-If you put a waypoint marker over the chests in the sky, some of them will just be coming out of the clouds. The actual island is a little further away. And some of the islands nearby are volanic, you can't land on them. Can be a little tricky.

The tumbleweeds seem to be the hardest item to get for me, they always seem to smash into rocks, just when I want to get them.

-I love the mini boss on the sand ship. Very cool!!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:54 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,227,459 times
Wii still makes games? I thought they pretty much gave up and focused on there next gen console.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:05 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,104,666 times
I'm now in the desert looking for the final power generator key, i think its the fire element key.Really like the Beedles ability to carry bombs, wish i had the hookshot,i got a feeling its soon to be upcoming.
Playing just an hour or two per week this game is going to take a long time to complete..

Old 02-27-2012, 09:13 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,893,219 times
I finally started playing it, and its been pretty good so far. Like other Zelda games, it has a good storyline. Graphics wise, it reminds me of the Windwaker with its cartoonish style. I agree with the posts about the controls being tedious, especially when flying the bird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games