Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 02:13 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times

Advertisements

This is a hard thing to come up with but ill give it a bash

10) King Kong (Atari 2700)
9) Mario Bros (Atari 2700)
8) RE2 (PS1)
7) King Ping (PC)
6) Doom (PC)
5) Emelin Huges Soccer (C64)
4) PES (PC)
3) MOH:AA (PC)
2) COD4 (PC)
1) Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 06:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
There are way too many games for me to choose from, but I can give you something of a list.

1 mega man-all of them. I don't care that they all basically play the same, they're all a ton of fun to play.
2 Final Fantasy, not all of them, but FF 1, IV, V, VI, and 9. 9's soundtrack was phenomenal.
3 Secret of Mana-one of my favorite games to play. Beat it a few times.
4 Seiken Densetsu 3(Secret of Mana 2 it came to America), It deserves it's own spot for me, I beat this game so many times on emulator that when my friend bought it overseas and arrived here I beat it for him on Console through memorization. I wish Squaresoft brought us this game tp America over Secret of Evermore.
5 Xenogears-I remember playing this game the first time, I put over 300 hours in playing this game, i enjoyed it that much. Just an incredible story that made me want to read every last detail, and fighting Deus at the end of that game was a very difficult fight even after you beat 2 of it's orbs of power.
6. Diablo and Diablo 2-Yup, Diablo sucked me in for a long time. It's random dungeons the game always made up as you traveled down hell was pretty crazy to play thorugh. Diablo 2 was so much fun to play with friends that I had a small group of players who would play every weekend for months, and the expansion allowed us to farm Baal all day long and some sweet loot. Baal runs all day, 5 minutes at a time!
7. Joust-This game brings back fond memories of my child hood, and also wondering why I was riding a chicken with a weird thing sticking out of it's neck killing people with it.
8. Streets of Rage-I loved my Genesis, it gave me a ton of Side scroller games to choose from, and this might be one of the most Iconic of it's Genre. A Beat'em up sidescroller with health bars for everybody!
9. keith Courage-no love for other gaming systems other than the mainstream, so I'll toss this one out because i loved this game for the Turbo Graphix 16. This game was pretty entertaining, you would go around villages killing things and saving people and buying stuff, then you would get into a robot and kill more stuff, except the robot was bad ass, and the bosses were super difficult!
10. Bonks Adventure-Another amazing Turbo Graphix 16 game, and I mention this because you get to be a caveman slamming your head on enemies and dinosaurs for points and food!

I should've mentioned metal Slug for the Neo Geo, but I think that list is pretty awesome in of itself.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:40 PM

5,355 posts, read 5,129,553 times
Well i'll be the odd one out here:
Mine
1. Civilazation series
2. Total War series
3. Age of Empires series
4. World of Warplanes
5. World of Tanks
6. Red Alert series
7. Sim city
8. Railroad Tycoon series
All a PC games, mostly strategy.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:03 AM

1,868 posts, read 3,067,952 times
I used to be addicted to Age of Empires too.

My list.

10) Mirror's Edge
9) Heavy Rain
8) Riven
7) Metal Gear Series (they're all about equally as good so I'm grouping them)
6) The Last of Us
5) Final Fantasy VI
4) Chrono Trigger
3) Final Fantasy VII
2) Journey

And I'll be the 2nd one to claim as my fave game of all time...

1) Xenogears - OP has good taste

Old 11-09-2013, 03:21 AM

744 posts, read 1,091,433 times
Xenogears was a mind f*ck, no doubt. The story just blew me away. It's like a Philip K. Dick novel in video game form. No RPG has ever come close in rivaling Xenogear's philosophical, psychological, and metaphysical themes in such a fashion.

And it was almost never released in the states, due to it's anti-religious themes.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:46 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexisandria View Post
Oregon Trail was one of my favorite games growing up. I dread thinking of how much time I spent playing it.
You have died of dysentery.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:31 PM

5,355 posts, read 5,129,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
You have died of dysentery.
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure is the logical sequel to oregon trail.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:47 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,796 times
Too many PC gamers in this thread.

10) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Xbox 360

9) Tribes: Aerial Assault - PS2

8) Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii

7) Super Street Fighter IV - Xbox 360

6) F-Zero X - N64 tied with F-Zero GX - GameCube

5) Weaponlord - SNES

4) Frame Gride - Dreamcast

3) Halo 2 - Xbox

2) Armored Core: Master of Arena - Playstation

1) Mario Kart Wii - Nintendo Wii

Old 11-14-2013, 07:27 AM

73 posts, read 102,846 times
1) Doom
2) Baldur's Gate 2
3) Ultima 7: The Black Gate
4) Metal Gear Solid 2
5) Tomb Raider (2013)
6) Final Fantasy VIII
7) Doom 2
8) DDR
9) Call of Duty Modern Warfare
10) Tekken Tag Tournament

Old 11-14-2013, 12:23 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,457,355 times
in order of what got me hooked ..

1. Kaboom! - best game on atari when i was small
2. Super Mario Bros- got everyone my age hooked for life
3. Zelda- the original adventure
4. Mortal Kombat
5. Mario Kart, all of them
6. Doom - this is the game that got me out of consoles forever
7. Quake 3 Arena- best multiplayer fast paced shooter.
8. Dark age of Camelot- don't like the online mmoprg's now, but this one was the best of them(has a sequel in the works finally)
9. Elder Scrolls, all of them as well. so vast.
10.Pigskin Empire - this game isn't in the class of the others but its the only game ive played in a few years, total football coaching sim where you can coach any college/nfl team and do things accordingly(make plays, practice, develop players, call games, recruit, draft whatever)

also a huge fan of CIV 4 didnt play any til that one, and didnt enjoy 5 nearly as much and too much modding/addons etc for me to keep up with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games