Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 09:21 PM

459 posts, read 723,543 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there's another Fallout coming? I believe that there will be one, because Bethesda bought the rights to it.

Also, anyone have good memories from 3 or New Vegas? I'd love to hear about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 07:00 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
I just ordered Vegas because the price finally dropped enough. I'd like to go back and play Fallout 3 again (I missed a ton of locations) but it is so hard to pick up and play again because you move so painfully slow in the beginning.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:15 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
I wish they would go back to the original fallout design

Old 01-03-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I wish they would go back to the original fallout design
Like Faloout 1 and 2? That would be too dated at this point, in my opinion. If they made one, it would have to be cheap because of the style.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
While I loved both Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, it wasn't for the already then dated graphics - it was for the mature storyline and dark humor. I think they managed to achieve much of that in New Vegas, F3 was a bit less "naughty".
I actually don't mind fallout becoming an fps - hell, I loved it. I rarely used vats and instead mastered lever and bolt action rifles, this additional skill element made the gaming experience a lot more rewarding. If they keep it this way - I'm good.
I heard rumors there's a next fallout on the way, which isn't surprising as it's a very successful and profitable franchise. I just hope there will be vehicles this time - and they'd make so much sense in a sandbox environment! You can make the map 8 times as large, cram the same amount of special locations in it as in previous games and imo it'll fit much better. You could actually feel like you're traveling through a wasteland, not like you're constantly in the suburbs.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:36 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
I don't really like the old style Fallout. Looks too much like Diablo. Or does Diablo look like Fallout? Anyway, I prefer more the the FPS element to it.

Yeah, vehicles would be nice. Takes forever to walk places.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:00 AM

Fallout was one of a kind. If i wanted a FPS I could pick half of the games on the store shelves and it will be a FPS. I loved the turn based tactical system of 1, 2, and tactics.

And Im not talking about the graphics. Obviously they could update the graphics. I just liked the RPG turn based style of it.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:08 PM

The problem is a vast majority of gamers who started at Fallout 3 and like/ are accustomed to the new style of game play.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:58 AM

This is true but I see no reason why they cant make Fallout Tactics 2 or something with a different title than fallout. Maybe there just isn't enough interest in these kind of games anymore.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:50 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,511,840 times
I remember my first playthrough of Fallout 3 I elected to blow up Megaton and take the penthouse suite at Tenpenny Towers.

IIRC, after you watch Megaton blow up from your balcony at Tenpenny Towers, if you go to Megaton, there's a cut scene where you see the rubble of what's left of the city all around you, and you see Moira (I think that was her name, she had some sort of store in Megaton and was a starting point for a lot of quests) from behind. She says a few words and seems normal enough, then she turns around and like half her face is melted off. I had been doing a bunch of quests with her and so I was quite used to seeing her, and it just came as a sudden shock, I almost jumped!

Also I remember some tiny town consisting of a few houses towards the south of the map where the creepy locals kept going on and on about how it's the best place to live and has such a great quality of life. Then there's one old guy who tells you to run and get out while you can. I raised my lockpicking skill up super high just so I could get into the shed behind one of the houses to see their secret...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games