Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 07:48 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Which the fact that only about 4 out of 90 that I actually want? Freaking sad for a platform that's been out for a year.
Other systems had similiar things. It is about potential. Just look at the DS library and you will see what the 3DS library will look like in the future. I bought my system for Mario Land, Paper Mario, Professor Layton, and Kid Icarus. Yes, 4 games. I travel a couple times a year and that should cover those trips. Everyday usage I just use my smartphone for that. Home usage I have an Xbox that gets most of my play and occasionally I use my PS3 for games (since I bought it as a blu-ray player only intending on playing Uncharted series).

Quote:
And I consider the PSP to be the best handheld to ever be released.
To each our own. To me is second worst behind Virtual Boy. I owned 3 games for it before I got rid of it. I bought it at launch and felt only Lumines and Hot Shots Golf were worth anything. I got bored of each title. A year went by trying games at work (use to work at EBGames in college) and thought they all sucked in comparison to what the DS offered me. Syphon Filter Dark Mirror finally released a year later. It was alright. At that point, I saw nothing in the lineup validating why to keep it. Thus, I sold it. Since it was the model that everyone could pirate on, it was pretty easy to get some money back on it.

Quote:
Because more sales=more quality, amirite?

Oh wait, the Wii vastly disproves that one.
Without a userbase, games don't get pushed out since companies focus their efforts towards systems where their games will sell. The 3DS had that issue until the price drop. But hey go get you a Vita and enjoy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 08:18 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Other systems had similiar things. It is about potential. Just look at the DS library and you will see what the 3DS library will look like in the future.
So, horrible.

Gotcha.

Quote:
Without a userbase, games don't get pushed out since companies focus their efforts towards systems where their games will sell. The 3DS had that issue until the price drop. But hey go get you a Vita and enjoy it.
Not true. Not true at all.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:21 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
Quote:
Other systems had similiar things. It is about potential. Just look at the DS library and you will see what the 3DS library will look like in the future. I bought my system for Mario Land, Paper Mario, Professor Layton, and Kid Icarus. Yes, 4 games. I travel a couple times a year and that should cover those trips. Everyday usage I just use my smartphone for that. Home usage I have an Xbox that gets most of my play and occasionally I use my PS3 for games (since I bought it as a blu-ray player only intending on playing Uncharted series).
For a while, my PS3 was nothing but a Blu-Ray player.

And you pretty much described why the Sony portables have a niche market.

Quote:
To each our own. To me is second worst behind Virtual Boy. I owned 3 games for it before I got rid of it. I bought it at launch and felt only Lumines and Hot Shots Golf were worth anything. I got bored of each title. A year went by trying games at work (use to work at EBGames in college) and thought they all sucked in comparison to what the DS offered me. Syphon Filter Dark Mirror finally released a year later. It was alright. At that point, I saw nothing in the lineup validating why to keep it. Thus, I sold it. Since it was the model that everyone could pirate on, it was pretty easy to get some money back on it.
Wow. My list of <3 games for the PSP is ridiculously huge. Latest being Persona 2 and Gods Eater Burst.

Also last I checked, it was easier to pirate with the DS, but still.

Quote:
Game companies still made games for the PSP... And yeah, I will.

Quote:
Fair Enough... But where is Agent??? Games get announced but it doesn't mean they are getting completed. Third Parties pretty much threaten to drop what they were doing unless a drop was done in order to sell units.
Which is why I included games for both systems that have no release date.

Quote:
Selling they are doing... 795,000 in Nov (NPD). Sales for it beat out the original DS by 1 year mark.
And? The Wii sells better than the 360, yet the 360 is a better system.

The DS outsold the PSP. I still like the PSP more.

Quote:
Fair Enough. At launch, there were too fairly good launch titles Pilotwings and Ghost Recon. Sure a Uncharted title would beat both but it also is $10 more and probably wont be found for 19.99 or less a couple weeks after launch either...
PilotWings is one of those games that loses its appeal after about 5 minutes. Not a big fan of Ghost Recon.

Quote:
Games are there (around 90 in NA) whether they meet your taste or not.
Everyone has different tastes. Doesn't make one better than another.

Quote:
I got my PSP at release and what a waste that was. My DS saw way more usage that piece of junk (and no I don't pirate).
My PSP has seen heavy use due to the region-free aspect (it's a Japanese model). If I want to play 3DS games that never make it to my region, I'll have to buy a separate region'd 3DS.

I could write a novel about why the Vita will never outsell the 3DS, but I'll just leave it at sales aren't the best indicator of which system will inherently be better for every given person.

I simply can't wait for the Vita and the PS3/Vita ability to share saves and games. There is also the possibility of Skyrim on the Vita. T'would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Anyone played FE: Sacred Stones?

I got it on the 3DS and the game is way harder than the first Fire Emblem and Eirika's story is way harder for me than Ephraim's story.

There are so many things to be careful and so much to remember. I am definitely not a Fire Emblem fan.

I need to train my guys more because its getting ridiculous. All though I think being at lvl 15 for all my characters by chpt 15 is pretty good.

Do I get a chance to lvl L'Arachael and characters to 16 at Tower of Valni after this chapter?

Anyways I decided to stick with my 3DS because of these games:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Heroes of Ruin
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Luigi's Mansion 2
Paper Mario 3D
Monster Hunter 4
Super Mario Sunshine port
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 3D

Other good games for the 3DS are Resident Evil: Revelations, Metal Gear Solid 4 3D, and some people like Fire Emblem, so Fire Emblem: Awaken. Also there is an Animal Crossing some out on the 3DS.
Fire Emblem is one of those hit and miss franchises I was referring to in a previous post. Sacred Stones is the reason why I'm still iffy on Kakusei - and not because of its difficulty. Once it's released in Japan and I see a Let's Play on it, it may become an interest.

If anything, keep the 3DS for on-the-go and get a Wii or Wii U for the home.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 01-12-2012 at 08:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games