Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 03:27 PM

229 posts, read 206,823 times

Advertisements

*Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, Wii, DS, Iphone, PC (Games released after 05) Only*

1. Mass Effect 2
On my 6th playthrough, almost perfect aside from the mining.

2. Heavy Rain
Not action packed , but a breath of fresh air in FPS dominated market. Best story telling in any game Ive played in quite some time.

3. Civilization 4
Game is addicting as hell, always fun to turn America into a Authoritarian state lol.

4. MGS 4
Near Perfection, Took me a few hours to get into it though.

5. Uncharted 2
Imo, the current standard for any adventure game.

6. MW 2 (Missed out on the 1st ones hay day)
Probably the most fun I have had on any multiplayer

7. NHL 11
I LOVE hockey and I believe this is the best hockey game put out. Atleast 400 hours put into this sucker, mostly BE A GM and its long ass simming lol.

8. Dirt
One of the best racing games out there. Reminds of the Xbox's Rally Sport Challenge.

9. Skyrim
Great RPG but all the overhype really put a damper in it for me.

10. Valkriya Chronicles
Amazing strategy/RPG game. So underrated and has a neat artistic feel to it. How this game is under the radar yet MW3 sold millions is a crime against gaming. Damn media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 01:14 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Only current gen machine I have is the 360. That said, here's my picks so far:

1- Dead Space
2- Alan Wake
3- Dead Space 2
4- Bioshock
5- Red Dead Redemption
6- Mass Effect
7- Forza Motorsport 4
8- Skyrim
9- Castlevania Lords of Shadow
10- Tales of Vesperia

I gotta include these though as they are fantastic also:

11- Condemned: Criminal Origins
12- The Orange Box

Old 02-08-2012, 01:42 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Current gen only, hrm? Okay.

1: Metal Gear Solid 4. The game is a work of art, people . The final fight.... Well, manly tears.
2: Originally had FFXIII at this spot. Now XIII-2 takes it. Takes everything fantastic about XIII (characters, story, the best battle system of any RPG ever) and improves on every single facet. Great, great game.
3: Mass Effect 2. Many prefer Mass Effect. I only prefer Mass Effect's exploration and inventory aspects. ME2 is better on every other level.
4: Tales of Vesperia. Another epic jRPG that kept my wife and I busy for quite some time.
5: Fallout New Vegas. This game is epic, and the reason why you won't see an Elder Scrolls game on this list, since it's better than the Elder Scrolls series in just about every way. It also proves that hte DLC system is the best thing that happened to gaming.
6: Dissidia 012 Duodecim: Take main characters from every Final Fantasy. Take main enemies from most Final Fantasies (XIII was excluded). Pit them together in a well crafted action RPG that's styled like a brawler. Fantastic game, with a startling amount of content.
7: Sonic Generations. While I like most of Sonic's recent offerings, Sonic Generations stands out. Not only as one of the best current gen games, but one of the best Sonic games period.
8: Mortal Kombat 9. Normally I don't like Mortal Kombat, as the fighting system is too clunky. MK9 fixed all of that, and threw in the best single player mode of any fighting game ever created period.
9: Halo Reach. Epic single player campaign, excellent multiplayer campaign. One of my favourite FPS games of the generation.
10: Half Minute Hero. A very suprising portable gem. Well crafted, quirky, and addicting.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:52 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,393,276 times
No order, but 10 games that I enjoyed the most this generation....

Call of Duty 4
Halo 3
Gears of War 1
GRAW 2
Fallout 3
Mass Effect 2
Bioshock
Gears of War 3
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Bad Company 2

Old 02-11-2012, 07:36 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,901,685 times
My top ten.

Super Mario Galaxy= Best Mario game since Mario 64
COD 4= Set the standard for all modern day shooters..
Bioshock = 2007 game of the year. This game kept me on the edge of my seat.
Assasins Creed 2= 1 was good but AC2 was a masterpiece.
Uncharted 2= 2009 game of the year and one of my favorite games of all time.
Red Dead Redemption= 2010 game of the year. GTA meets west was excecuted perfectly!
Littlebig planet= 2008 game of the year. Platforming with endless creativity.
Battlefield 3= Best FPS of all time.
Gears of War= 2006 game of the year. This game set the stage for a blockbuster series.
God of War 3= This game flexed the muscle of the PS3 hardware like no other. EPIC!

Old 02-13-2012, 02:51 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,531 times
COD4
GRAW 2
Uncharted 2
MGS4
Heavy Rain
Gears of War
Rainbow Six Vegas
NBA 2K8
GTA IV
God of War 3

Old 02-17-2012, 09:14 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
I'm on the 360 My top 10 favorites were:

#1 Skyrim - This game took 3 months of my life and I don't regret a second. It's as close to being in a fantasy world as I've ever been.

#2 Red Dead Redemption- Too pretty for words, excellent story and totally sucked me in.

#3 Fallout 3- I played the crap out of this game and loved it, but I think I got apocalypse overload from it and can't get into any of the newer post apocalyptic wasteland games.

#4 Mass Effect (1 & 2)- The BEST in-game storytelling; It's hard to play a game where my character never actually says anything now.

#5 Dragon Age (1&2)- I wish they were Baldur's gate 3 and 4, but they were still awesome.

#6 Oblivion- I bought an Xbox just to play this game when it came out and it stole just as much of my life as Skyrim did.

#7 COD MW 4- The pinnacle of the COD series; it blew me away with graphics/gamplay and even had a plausible storyline, unlike MW3 and 4.

#8 Soul Calibur 4- I have played more of this game than any other X-box game; beating on people after a long day at work never gets old!

#9 Dynasty Warriors Empires- This game was a guilty pleasure of mine; it was SO repetitive but it really satisfied the Emperor Shi Huang Di part of me that irrationally demands I conquer all of China over and over again.

#10 The Sims 3- It was really hard to explain to my wife why my game households were always inhabited by a group of hot bikini babes, but it was also REALLY fun to build houses. I guess that comes from the latent architect part of my psyche.

Last edited by Chango; 02-17-2012 at 09:30 PM..

Old 02-20-2012, 03:48 PM

812 posts, read 736,553 times
Not in order but some great ones:

Red Dead Redemption - Simply superb single player story and the multi-player is fun, especially with friends.

Zelda: Skyward Sword - Delivered in a big way. IMO, the Zelda series really needed this after a bit of a let-down from Twilight Princess(just my opinion).

Dragon Age: Origins - A lot of fun to play, you start to grow attached to several of the characters. It's also fun to play as the different races and backgrounds and see how they affect the story.

Skyrim - Way too easy to sit down and not realize that 4 hours have passed.

Mario Galaxy - Mario....in space? I was skeptical but dang was this fun.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:40 AM

6,561 posts, read 12,044,134 times
Wow, there's a lot to choose from for the PS3 and Wii, but the ones that come to mind:

- Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
- Zelda: Twighlight Princess (still haven't played Skyward Sword yet)
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Mario Kart Wii
- Assassins Creed 1 & 2
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Sonic Unleashed
- Tekken 6
- Call of Duty: MW3

Old 02-22-2012, 01:34 PM

168 posts, read 142,873 times
Well, it's hard to decide on ten when there are so many.

#10 Bioshock(1)- The big twist was a nice surprise, and really made me feel like a puppet on strings.

#9 S.T.A.L.K.E.R:Shadow Of Chernobyl- Really enjoyed this game, and if you added the complete mod, really upped the graphics. Best atmosphere in any game I've played.

#8 Resident Evil 4- After playing the earlier ones, RE4 was a change, some for better, some for worse. Overall, pretty enjoyable, except for the midget. His voice just made me crack up. And QTEs everywhere, although admittedly they were pretty cool.

#7 CoD: MW1- I really enjoyed MW1 more than MW2, because it was a better story imo. It had really memorable moments.

#6 Metro 2033- Yeah, it's got it's flaws, but for an FPS, it kept me engaged way too long, and the stealth system was pretty nice. If you made a sound, you got hunted down, unlike most other day games, where they figure it must be the wind, then turn around with a hole in the side of their face.

#5 Skyrim- Everyone's played it, it's fun to discuss the politics of Skyrim with your friends, and it was a pretty addicting game.

#4 Killing Floor- Great game, great reload animations, love the Cockney accents, and Zed time (slow motion) makes things fun.

#3 Mass Effect- Loved the story telling, loved the TPS/RPG aspect. Customazation everywhere.

#2 Minecraft - Still playing this, though rarely by myself, mostly with another person. May not be the most exciting game, but one of the ones I've put the most hours into.

#1 Blade:Warband/Jedi Knight Academy:Movie battles 2- Big tie between these two, as one is mostly singleplayer, and the other exclusively multiplayer. Really enjoy the fuedalism setup of M&B, but I also love the balancing and saber system of JKA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games