Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 03:29 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,902,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
The problem with FPS is that once you're finished with them, there's no reason for you to keep it so the option is for you to trade it in at gamestop.

I play Skyrim now. I used to play Grand Theft Auto IV until I couldn't get past a level.
Well I think FPS with good multiplayer has just as much replay value as Skyrim or any other RPG!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 07:56 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
skyrim for the win

Old 02-15-2012, 04:31 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
skyrim for the win
Yeah. Im with you on this one. I still play MW2 a lot though. Never cared for Black Ops and actually, kinda like MW3 even less than B.O. (maybe), but 95% of my gaming time is spent on Skyrim with the rest being MW2.

Someone told me that for this game (Skyrim), some of the new DLC may not really be traditional DLC. May end up being an RPG / online FPS type setup where people can take the characters they build and fight others in a Free For All type (ala Modern Warfare) deathmatch game. We'll see then just how much better one person's battle mage is than another's true Mage. If they do that it would be awesome.

Last edited by LaoTzuMindFu; 02-15-2012 at 04:48 PM..

Old 02-16-2012, 02:08 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
Yeah i actually bought BF3 and decided not to buy skyrim because i knew once i did i would never play bf3 again. Well i wound up buying skyrim after 3 weeks of bf3 and never went back as i had predicted.

And that would be cool if you could fight others characters but im afraid stealth archers would win every battle

Old 02-18-2012, 09:51 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,394,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Yeah, I didn't buy MW3 yet. Saw a lot of bad reviews for it. Will buy it when it hits $25 to $30.

Some FPS I never went far or started. Like Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 1 & 2, Bioshock 1 & 2, and Far Cry 2.
Dead Space is a third person shooter....

Old 02-22-2012, 01:18 PM

168 posts, read 142,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Mass Effect 2 is not a FPS.

It's an RPG.

Anyways, I generally dislike shooters set in a modern-ish era. If I'm going to shoot stuff, it's going to be aliens or some sort of monster.

Eh, compared to ME1, it's pretty much a shooter with some leveling tacked on. It didn't give me the RPG feel of ME1, where I could customize my weapons to do certain things, like being able to use cyro rounds endlessly, or to use a longer barrel for more overheating and damage.

Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but not nearly as much as ME1. After DA2 being eh and TOR, I'm worried about ME3, though I've heard a different team from those worked on it.

@OP:
I reccomend Mount and Blade:Warband if you'd like something different from a FPS.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:11 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,584,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daellis99 View Post
Wow...i was coming to this forum and was going to post about much I am tired of MW3. The more I play the more I realize that it just isn't fun anymore.
I rented it on Redbox and I'm playing it right now. The campaign was nice and the survival mode is fun but the MP with the usual campers accumulating killstreaks kills all the fun. I'm glad I didn't buy it. I had more fun playing Black Ops last night with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
Well I think FPS with good multiplayer has just as much replay value as Skyrim or any other RPG!
I agree!

Old 03-01-2012, 02:18 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,077 times
i usually play a single fps until i get bored of it or a better game comes out. first it was unreal tournament, then day of defeat, then team fortress 2. i got battlefield 3 when it came out but have lost interest in it and the other fps titles. i think ive outgrown them and honestly (and sadly) i think i have lost my twitch mouse speed. i have played everquest 2 for the past year but now that i have a job rarely play that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games