Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 01:03 AM

688 posts, read 897,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSmooth View Post
The "launch" of the game definitely deserved a 1/5 stars. That's what everyone is giving horrible ratings to. The game was pretty much unplayable for thousands of people for the first week it was out. I would give the gameplay a 3.5/5.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
If you bought a game and couldn't play it, would you rate more than 1 star?
I wouldn't rate it yet as I couldn't play it. Rating something poorly over launch issues is somewhat of a rash thing to do as the 1/5 votes are longstanding while the actual issues that created the 1/5 were resolved. Not many, if any would rewrite their review. People would then look at the reviews like, wow, this had thousands of 1/5's. If they didn't research it further, they would assume the game was horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 11:40 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,451,684 times
The game has gotten better, I don't have anymore server issues, but that is only me personally. Now I just wish they would turn on the main functions of the game, but only if that's possible. I guess they still have them off for a reason.

Another thing I have noticed lately since they fixed how emergency vehicles get lane priority is that all of my emergency vehicles begin to follow each other....

Old 03-27-2013, 12:13 AM

1,809 posts, read 3,191,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
I agree.

I wouldn't rate it yet as I couldn't play it. Rating something poorly over launch issues is somewhat of a rash thing to do as the 1/5 votes are longstanding while the actual issues that created the 1/5 were resolved. Not many, if any would rewrite their review. People would then look at the reviews like, wow, this had thousands of 1/5's. If they didn't research it further, they would assume the game was horrible.
If a company doesn't want 1 star reviews then they should release a product that will work. The problems in simcity could have been avoided by dropping the DRM that didn't work. First impressions are everything these days.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:19 PM

182 posts, read 477,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy2788 View Post
The game has gotten better, I don't have anymore server issues, but that is only me personally. Now I just wish they would turn on the main functions of the game, but only if that's possible. I guess they still have them off for a reason.

Another thing I have noticed lately since they fixed how emergency vehicles get lane priority is that all of my emergency vehicles begin to follow each other....
Which main functions are turned off? Before this SimCity came out, I hadn't played SimCity since SimCity 2000 (came out in 1994).

The emergency vehicles get on my nerves as well. They do the stupidest things traffic wise. The police and ambulances seem to be ok, but no matter how many fire engines and helicopters I have, I always have multipe buildings burn to the ground...

Old 03-30-2013, 04:00 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,451,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSmooth View Post
Which main functions are turned off? Before this SimCity came out, I hadn't played SimCity since SimCity 2000 (came out in 1994).

The emergency vehicles get on my nerves as well. They do the stupidest things traffic wise. The police and ambulances seem to be ok, but no matter how many fire engines and helicopters I have, I always have multipe buildings burn to the ground...
I mean like main functions that they were toting before the game was released, like the whole social aspect with leaderboards and global trade.

And I have the same problem with buildings burning down, even when I have firefighters fighting the blazes, they still burn down. /shrug

But, I will be honest, with the limited size of the maps and a few other factors.. I am actually starting to get bored of it pretty quick. I guess that was an easy $80 out of my pocket for them.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:17 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
Sucks that I can't save my city I was working on. I lost it due to server going out plus I had to go through tutorial again after I haven't played it for awhile.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:30 PM

981 posts, read 1,620,841 times
Sent the game back to Amazon and got my money back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games