U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2012, 09:30 PM

68 posts, read 152,083 times

Advertisements

What is your experience with these two? Are they worth it? I'm saving up money to buy one of them... which is better?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 03:59 AM

164 posts, read 303,906 times
I can only comment on battlefield premium since i dont like C.O.D lol. Its 49.99 and you get 5 DLC over the next year. Down fall is back to karkand is one of the 5 so if you bought it already. I purchased it for the simple fact back to karkand is $14 so figure 5 times $14 is $70 so you save $20 with premium plus on ps3 premium members get the dlc 1 week before Xbox (haha) and 3 wewks before none premium members

Old 06-18-2012, 10:59 AM

7,600 posts, read 17,337,833 times
If you know you will buy all the DLC then probably. It makes it a very expensive game with all the DLC etc.

On other other hand, the more DLC you buy the emptier the servers get, both for COD and BF3.

Both games are recycled IMHO so you just end up paying $100+ what you use used to pay $40 for.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:47 AM

9,348 posts, read 6,349,880 times
Being a FPS junkie, I got lured into the hype of COD Elite. Even though I love MW2, MW3 sucked to me. big time. I only have like 3 hours online as of today. I wish I hadn't activated my elite account, otherwise I wold've sold it. But having spent $100 for the elite version and only being able to get maybe $30-40 for it now because I can't sell my elite account, its not even worth selling.

But that's it for me, these greedy corporate bastards will never get another penny from me for any of the "exclusive" accounts stuff. I'm a big Battlefield 3 guy too, and I think the elite version of that went on sale for $50 last week. but i only plan on buying 1 or 2 map packs, so i don't think it's worth hit.

I know at the end of the day, all corporate cares about is profit. and if people will pay what you're asking, why not charge? But it really seems like the business has taken a turn for the worse the last few years. it's one thing to charge for map packs, but now forcing folks to pay in order to get the "full experience." kinda sleazy.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:48 PM

2,184 posts, read 3,442,972 times
I hate this marketing strategy to get more money out of people. I bought BF3 limited edition with Back to Karkand already included. With BF3 only having three more DLC at $15 dollars a pop, it not worth me paying $49.99 for premium. I actually would save $5 dollars buying the maps seperate. The only advantage of getting it is to get access to the maps a few days earlier. I can wait or may not buy at all.

You COD people are getting screwed the hardest since they come out with a new game every year. Elite is a 1 year subscription, guess what they will have another game out before that ends. I retired from COD along time ago, and will never go back.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:38 PM

3,315 posts, read 5,907,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
I hate this marketing strategy to get more money out of people. I bought BF3 limited edition with Back to Karkand already included. With BF3 only having three more DLC at $15 dollars a pop, it not worth me paying $49.99 for premium. I actually would save $5 dollars buying the maps seperate. The only advantage of getting it is to get access to the maps a few days earlier. I can wait or may not buy at all.

You COD people are getting screwed the hardest since they come out with a new game every year. Elite is a 1 year subscription, guess what they will have another game out before that ends. I retired from COD along time ago, and will never go back.
Its 5 total DLC's at $15. So you will save $10 in the long run by buying the Premium, EVEN IF you have Back to Karkand. Which is exactly what I did.

I purchased the Premium because I really don't see myself getting bored with BF3 for a long time. I love the game. The new maps are not disappointing either. They aren't just recycled maps so far which I enjoy.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Its 5 total DLC's at $15. So you will save $10 in the long run by buying the Premium, EVEN IF you have Back to Karkand. Which is exactly what I did.

I purchased the Premium because I really don't see myself getting bored with BF3 for a long time. I love the game. The new maps are not disappointing either. They aren't just recycled maps so far which I enjoy.
Ok, thanks for the clarity.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:48 PM

3,345 posts, read 5,905,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiIj View Post
What is your experience with these two? Are they worth it? I'm saving up money to buy one of them... which is better?
I've played both, Premium is a much better deal than Elite. On MW3 we haven't gotten any new guns out of our DLC but Premium has, and premium gives you future DLC included but I can't speak on Elite on that part because I refuse to pay for it.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:45 AM

9,348 posts, read 6,349,880 times
I've been a COD fanboy all my life, and i HATED battlefield 2, but Battlefield 3 is absolutely the best FPS i've ever played. Great game.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I've been a COD fanboy all my life, and i HATED battlefield 2, but Battlefield 3 is absolutely the best FPS i've ever played. Great game.
I agree 100% the COD franchise has taken an arrow to both knees!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games