Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2013, 08:54 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,487,903 times

Advertisements

I've seen coyotes, cougars, deers, elks etc alot of animals.

I'm 27% on the story mode, this is one massive game. Between the missions of the 3 characters i'm going insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 09:21 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,201,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolls View Post
Well I was being chased by the police and had to abandoned my car and was deep in the mountains. I ran into a valley and encountered a mountain lion. It attacked me and killed me instantly.
Oh wow! How big, fast, and vicious was it?

Old 09-18-2013, 09:38 PM

LOL I did the mission that Franklin was doing as he was in Michael's house last night and let just say, that Michael got some funny a$$ kids Lmao. Especially his son! He sounds like the type of guy that most former COD players complain about whenever they played multiplayer! It was priceless!!!

Old 09-18-2013, 10:51 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,478,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Not yet, but there is a LOT of them. I think R* might've gotten that idea from Square Enix's Sleeping Dogs. Those armored trucks were all over the highways in Hong Kong.
Never played it, would be fun to play a game based in H.K.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:49 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,834,068 times
Sleeping Dogs was great, definitely recommend.

I put an hour or so into GTA V tonight, and all I have to say is friggin' WOW!

Old 09-19-2013, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Never played it, would be fun to play a game based in H.K.
Trust me, you'll love Sleeping Dogs. Oh, and btw, Sleeping Dogs is actually an off-shoot of the old True Crime series

Old 09-19-2013, 02:48 AM

I like that when you turn on the game, it takes you to the last character you were playing as and you get to see what they have been up to while you was away from your powered-off console

Oh, and we can drive around in taxis looking for potential customers!!! God I love this game!!!!

Old 09-19-2013, 06:33 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,261,484 times
Quote:
I like that when you turn on the game, it takes you to the last character you were playing as and you get to see what they have been up to while you was away from your powered-off console

Oh, and we can drive around in taxis looking for potential customers!!! God I love this game!!!!
That's cool. I haven't tried that yet. I did steal a bus and see if I could do stops and make money like in Vice City, but there seem to be no real bus routes. I followed one to see and it just circled the airport 3 times without stopping so I gave up.

Also, the light rail is extremely slow and boring to ride unlike the subway and trains in GTA IV. I did enjoy freaking people on the train out by trying to kick down the driver's door. Can't hijack the trains, though.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:57 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,596,402 times
Quote:
Trust me, you'll love Sleeping Dogs. Oh, and btw, Sleeping Dogs is actually an off-shoot of the old True Crime series
Ya, it was originally conceived as True Crime: Hong Kong.

Anyone besides me having trouble with the sprinting control? I find it hard to sprint and control both sticks at the same time. I wish I had the option or remapping the sprint button but it doesn't seem that you can make a custom change.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:17 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,999,873 times
Quote:
Oh wow! How big, fast, and vicious was it?
It was vicious. It pounced on me quickly. By the time I saw it, it had me pinned down and was ripping my neck apart. Had no time to shoot it. It was big. Bigger than my character. I'm not an outdoorsmen or wildlife expert so it may not be a mountain lion. Could've been a cougar. It was a large cat.

I started going in the backwoods and noticed some yuppies on a mountain side doing some sight seeing and the had an ATV. I decided to see what they were looking at. I bumped into them and they got chippy with me and started swinging. I then stabbed them all and took there ATV. Well the cops got wind of this and started chasing me. I ended up losing control of my ATV and got it flipped sideways and logged between trees. I had to flee on foot and decided to hide down in a valley. It was dark and out of the brush a cougar attacked me before I could shoot it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games