Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2013, 09:35 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,911,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Portola Drive Btw, I'm starting to think that Hawick might be LA's Westlake neighborhood or the neighborhood that Melrose Avenue goes through.
It has to be Melrose Avenue, since in real life that street is directly south of S.Monica Blvd. I can't imagine it being based off another street especially since it replaces Del Perro Blvd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 01:11 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Just found out North Yankton = North Dakota

Old 09-24-2013, 03:12 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,205,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Just found out North Yankton = North Dakota
Oh wow! So this is the first time we have been to a different U.S. State in the GTA universe outside of San Andreas, Florida, Alderney, and Liberty (Assuming the state Liberty City resides in is actually the state's name).

Old 09-24-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
It has to be Melrose Avenue, since in real life that street is directly south of S.Monica Blvd. I can't imagine it being based off another street especially since it replaces Del Perro Blvd.
Yep. I also just found out that the neighborhood Melrose Avenue goes through is actually called Melrose. It looks like it's in Central L.A. just south of Santa Monica Blvd and West Hollywood and north of La Brea.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Oh wow! So this is the first time we have been to a different U.S. State in the GTA universe outside of San Andreas, Florida, Alderney, and Liberty (Assuming the state Liberty City resides in is actually the state's name).
I was looking for that street you drive down in game, I guess it's only for the first mission.

Has anyone picked up any hitch hikers and dropped them off at the Cult instead of their desired destinations? I took one girl there only because you get an achievement for doing so, massive guilt trip afterwards.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I was looking for that street you drive down in game, I guess it's only for the first mission.

Has anyone picked up any hitch hikers and dropped them off at the Cult instead of their desired destinations? I took one girl there only because you get an achievement for doing so, massive guilt trip afterwards.
Nope!!! I'm too much of a nice guy personally. You have to be a REAL unbearable class-A D-bag for me to send you off to the Cult. But so far I haven't sent anyone to the Cult. I know the main protagonists are FAR from perfect angels, but I do want them to have some redeeming qualities. Especially Trevor Hahaha! Curious though, what did the girl looked like? What was her stranded story?

Old 09-24-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Nope!!! I'm too much of a nice guy personally. You have to be a REAL unbearable class-A D-bag for me to send you off to the Cult. But so far I haven't sent anyone to the Cult. I know the main protagonists are FAR from perfect angels, but I do want them to have some redeeming qualities. Especially Trevor Hahaha! Curious though, what did the girl looked like? What was her stranded story?
You find her on some mountain north of Grapeseed. She was talking crazy, like how she killed a litter of puppies and birds, so I was like "I'll drop this one off there". The other people you can pick up don't seem to be bad, so I usually bring them to where they want to go. That Cult is very creepy, even for a GTA game. I mainly only did it for the achievement though.

She looked like a normal girl with a backpack. In fact, I turned around halfway when I was dropping her off because she was clearly nuts.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:14 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times
I was flying the blimp over the desert, saw an industrial complex and thought I would take a look at it. Long story short, turned out to be a max security penitentiary that I landed in and they immediately sent up helicopters and shot me down as I tried to fly the blimp back out. I wonder if I can break into the prison....

Old 09-25-2013, 06:13 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:

I haven't unlocked the cult yet. Reminds me of Skyrim, I felt a little bad for taking a companion up the mountain for sacrifice.

I just pulled of my first heist last night. Got all the jewlery, but not fast enought to get a gold medal.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:48 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,264,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
I was flying the blimp over the desert, saw an industrial complex and thought I would take a look at it. Long story short, turned out to be a max security penitentiary that I landed in and they immediately sent up helicopters and shot me down as I tried to fly the blimp back out. I wonder if I can break into the prison....
lol I've come across four or five areas when I've been exploring and all of a sudden heard "This is a restricted area! You better leave right now!" And then suddenly I'm being shot at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games