Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 08:28 PM

311 posts, read 1,055,901 times

Advertisements

Super Mario Galaxy is a great game for people of all ages. It has the most beautiful graphics on the Wii with a fun experience that just about anyone can enjoy. It's child-friendly too with only minor cartoon violence.

Mario Kart Double Dash for Gamecube (backwards compatible with the Wii but requires an additional Gamecube controller and memory card) is fun and cheap too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 01:01 AM

3,908 posts, read 5,130,258 times
How about Pet Dogz 2?It seems harmless enough for a seven year old girl. They also have a Pet Catz game as well as Pet Horsez.

(yes they are spelled with the Z at the end)

Old 02-12-2008, 02:32 PM

395 posts, read 1,360,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
So I have searched for months looking for the elusive Nintendo Wii in stores (So called entrepeneurs bought them up selling them for $100-$200 more in Craigslist, Ebay and Amazon). So 4 weeks until her birthday, I find it in Target and Walmart so I snatched one up. I had even gone to Game Stop to put in a 'pre-order' but found it in Target 5 minutes later - "Great Success!"

Anyways, I was looking for games that enjoyable for her to play. She is no natural when it comes to video games so I am looking for relatively fun/easier games (Sonic the Hedgehog / Super Mario type of games are too frustrating and I end up playing the whole game for her).

I bought her the Bratz game but I was also thinking of something like Wii Sports, Carnival games and Game party. I have spent about $350 on an extra controller, the system and 1 game. I still need to get a memory card, too, right?

Long gone are the days when systems came with everything you needed (2 controllers, a game and no need for memory cards).

If I were buying for myself, I would have gotten the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3.

I recently got Tamagotchi Party On! at Wal-Mart for 20 bucks....I bored me to tears but I think your child would love it. That is what I said when I was playing it..I said "This game would be good for a young child"...so that would be a safe bet.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:36 AM

13 posts, read 69,847 times
My youngins like Mario Party 8. Nice family game.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:33 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,937,153 times
Dewy's Adventure is such a CUTE game! Maybe a bit frustrating, but i mean Dewy is just the cuttest thing ever! You slide him around kinda like Monkey ball, but just take a look it might be something like you are looking for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games