Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2012, 02:36 PM

88 posts, read 687,711 times

Advertisements

I have a PS2 slim model SCPH-70012 that I bought used 2 years ago. It has worked wonderfully until a week ago it started having disc read errors on GT3. I'd open it and close the lid and it would load. Then that stopped working. I popped in GT4 for a bit and it worked... until it didn't. Same disc read error. I took it apart. Cleaned the laser, ensured all the laser's guide parts are clean and working (not broken) the disc spinning motor pad is clean. Still locking up. Tried the unit in different positions and curiously enough it worked upside down... for a bit. Then I moved on to some other games from other developers and it works just fine. Tried GT3, GT4 and Tourist Trophy again and none of those three Polyphony games work yet 7 other games are still working fine.

I don't understand how this could happen all of a sudden and only to the Polyphony games. They are all in good condition. It's not like I went and scratched them all at the exact same time.

So what gives?

I'm thinking I'll just go down and buy another one. I suppose I can't cry over $50 used unit pooping out after 2 years of heavy use...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games