Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2012, 07:26 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,741,459 times

Advertisements

I bought this video game because I initially thought it would accurately model many European cities so I could get a good virtual drive thru Paris or so. I’ve done 4 truck driving jobs in the game and I didn’t get many nice scenic views of my Paris route… No Eiffel Tower or Champs Elysee on the route. But the graphics and controls are GREAT! Good viewing options, especially in driver view and outside 3rd person view. Now if this game was only controlled by a keyboard it would totally suck… Like the SBK motorcycle game – only keyboard controls, really hurt this game.

You can buy it from these two places:
Download Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Origin
Gametap Shop - Download your PC Games
It’s not on Steam yet, it has to be voted in for that.

Here’s the website for it: Euro Truck Simulator 2 | Trucks movies

I play it through this nice cheap discontinued steering wheel that cost me only $38 from MicroCenter: Newegg.com - THRUSTMASTER Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel

I had a bad experience with buying a top end steering wheel game controller like the Logitech G27, many games didn’t support it and the one I bought from Fry’s was defective. This is the type of product I’d only buy from a store and not online because shipping is a big hassle if the product is defective. Amazon.com: Logitech G27 Racing Wheel: Electronics

Now with this game I have a new appreciation of how tough it can be to be a big rig truck driver! Staying in your lane at high speed and not crashing… The control wheel is a biut sensitive on my steering wheel. And boy is it tough and tricky to learn how to properly direct and backup a big rig. Nice trailer simulation that applies to real life big rig driving! It’ll help me learn how to back up a real big rig in simulation!

Do you think this is the best big rig driving game out there? Know of any other ones?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 06:19 PM

Nobody likes this game? You might think it's boring driving a truck, but I just got this game and put more hours into it than my year old Skyrim!

You can download the trial game, I think it plays to level 4, then you have to buy it. Download here: Euro Truck Simulator 2 | Download

Old 12-08-2012, 06:24 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,845,711 times
I love simulation and role-playing games so I'm sure I would enjoy this. I have a large amount of games I bought from Steam and haven't even played them yet, so I'm not sure if I'll get to try this or not. I will however bookmark it and maybe I'll download it while I sleep and play it on my weekend.

Edit- $40 for full version.. I'll wait till it comes down in price or if there is a special (voucher) on it.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:18 PM

WAIT FOR IT TO GO ON STEAM, - IT'S BEEN VOTED IN THERE. SCS has to modify the game to work on Steam.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:05 PM

Euro Truck Sim 2 is now my MOST PLAYED GAME EVER! I put 47 hours into it now and I'm at Level 21. Grab it while the price has been lowered! I also got Scania Truck Driving Simulator too for $11.98 - that's cheap!
Buy at: Gametap Shop - Download your PC Games

Check out my Youtube game videos on these games!

Euro Truck Simulator 2 GPS Job Rerouting --

Euro Truck Simulator 2 GPS Job Rerouting - YouTube

How to Play Euro Truck Simulator 2 Part 1

How to Play Euro Truck Simulator 2 Part 1 - YouTube

How to Play Euro Truck Simulator 2 Part 2

How to Play Euro Truck Simulator 2 Part 2 - YouTube

Part 3 has to be uploaded yet. Takes overnight to do.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:33 PM

Here's Part 3:

How to Play Euro Truck Simulator 2 Part 3 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games