Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Jewel Case or Digial Download?
Jewel Case / Box 14 66.67%
Digial Download 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 11:54 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,597 times

Advertisements

When buying a game, do you prefer going out and buying the box / jewel case of the game, or do you prefer spending money online and digitally downloading it?

I personally prefer Digital over buying a game in the stores. This was a recent change for me to be honest, I always bought my games at a store until I found a game on Steam that I wanted and it changed how I bought games now.

edit - missed the "t" in digital on the poll.. time to go find a mod haha.

Last edited by Quert; 12-19-2012 at 12:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 06:48 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
I much prefer jewel case. Case in point, my PS3 finally got YLOD after several years. I had so much online content I had to go back and redownload. If I had to download the games as well I would have gone nuts. As it was Gran Turismo 5 took 2 hours to install and update and that was WITH an actual disc.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 AM

8 posts, read 7,504 times
I prefer my games downloaded nowadays, the first 5 episodes of Walking Dead and the newest Ratchet and Clank made me realize exactly how much I don't need physical games for my consoles. I have already been a huge proponent of steam and the games that come out from valve have been great on digital download, so it's nice to see it happening on consoles more and more these days.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I much prefer jewel case. Case in point, my PS3 finally got YLOD after several years. I had so much online content I had to go back and redownload. If I had to download the games as well I would have gone nuts. As it was Gran Turismo 5 took 2 hours to install and update and that was WITH an actual disc.
Downloading again would be a pain, but you wouldn't lose the game. As in, with a jewel case, you have a potential of losing it and not finding it again. Most games now can be activated on Steam or another program where it saves them.

I still haven't lost Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing. I bought it from Amazon after I discovered how great it would be to own the worlds worse racing game (trust me)

Old 01-31-2013, 07:47 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,452,022 times
Jewel Case, because I can resell them when I am done.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,686 times
I prefer having the case over downloading. I can just put the game in and play rather than wait up to 15 minutes to download plus I like having the actual game in my possession.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:28 AM

874 posts, read 1,660,021 times
I like having the game, but I suspect at some point when space becomes an issue, I may start to download new games. I have already downloaded some older Playstion games on my PS3 that I never was able to buy when they came out.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:06 AM

27 posts, read 61,470 times
I prefer downloads because of its convenience and how much space it saves.

I also started preferring downloads when I got on Steam. I was always sort of against digital downloads, but now, it's how I get most of my games.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:45 AM

494 posts, read 1,610,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
I prefer downloads because of its convenience and how much space it saves.

I also started preferring downloads when I got on Steam. I was always sort of against digital downloads, but now, it's how I get most of my games.

Kinda like this guy. Used to be a big physical game collector. But when I got better internet and switch to steam and mainly PC gaming, I mostly DD nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games