Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 06:39 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,845,572 times

Advertisements

I had a lot more time to play this time around and I'm actually really liking the game. The idea of The Elder Scrolls being an MMO is kind of... weird but I really am loving the improvements that they made since I first beta tested. I do believe that I'll probably buy this game and play it a lot, but I'll need to question that right before the release. Personally, I think this is going to surpass WoW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 08:29 AM

1,515 posts, read 2,272,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
I had a lot more time to play this time around and I'm actually really liking the game. The idea of The Elder Scrolls being an MMO is kind of... weird but I really am loving the improvements that they made since I first beta tested. I do believe that I'll probably buy this game and play it a lot, but I'll need to question that right before the release. Personally, I think this is going to surpass WoW.
Yeah, I actually left with a very positive impression after this last session.

I'm not sure this will be the WoW killer though. I think that ESO will appeal to the ES fans but I'm not sure it will be the incarnation of Skyrim. But I may be wrong.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:13 PM

686 posts, read 1,230,653 times
I really enjoyed this last session as well. But, I am not really into playing MMO games so I didn't enjoy it as much as I do Skyrim. Still, I'll probably get it on Xbox One just to try out the full version.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:02 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,214,384 times
I played the last beta weekend, and it seemed like a nice game. The graphics were incredible, but didn't get much deeper into anything other than noob quests. Seemed kind of slow paced. Not sure how much longer till the next beta and NDA is lifted.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:52 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Sweet voice cast:

The Elder Scrolls Online -- Voice Cast Reveal - YouTube

Old 01-29-2014, 01:49 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,845,572 times
Yee haw. 25% off coupon which expires on Monday helped me make the decision! Coupon and website below the picture

The Elder Scrolls® Online | PC game | Download discounts at Green Man Gaming

25% off coupon - PL5OII-RW21Y6-68S0Y5

Once I registered the ESO code, it sent me an email.

Quote:
Thank you for redeeming your pre-order code for The Elder Scrolls® Online. You’re now registered for The Explorer’s Pack, which includes the following digital rewards:
  • The ability to play as any race in any alliance
  • The Scuttler vanity pet
  • Exclusive treasure maps
  • 3 days early access to the game before the official launch
I believe it comes with 30 days game time also.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:32 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,577,682 times
I'm really surprised so many are excited for this. In the days where pretty much all MMOs that have tried a subscription based service and gone F2P it is ridiculous to me to ask customers to pay a $60 price tag ON TOP of a $15 monthly subscription fee. I don't see how this will ever go well. And this is coming from a big MMO fan!

Old 01-30-2014, 02:48 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
I'm really surprised so many are excited for this. In the days where pretty much all MMOs that have tried a subscription based service and gone F2P it is ridiculous to me to ask customers to pay a $60 price tag ON TOP of a $15 monthly subscription fee. I don't see how this will ever go well. And this is coming from a big MMO fan!
I don't think that this compares to F2P games. I can't say for sure, but given past history the scope of what you will get for your $60 + $15 subscription will be large. Also, F2P games aren't going to have voice acting by Dumbledore.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:17 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,601,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
I guess you never played World of Warcraft then... it's been the #1 online MMO since 2004 and has always been $15 a month. Even after 9 years it's still got over 7 million subscribers.

If the game is good, people will pay. I've played WoW on and off since release in November 2004 and currently have a Level 90 Priest and am working on a Mage... even after 9 years the game is still FUN.

I plan to give ESO a try.. but as already mentioned in this thread I'm not the only one who doesn't think that this game will be a WoW killer. We've heard the same thing about how many other MMOs over the last few years and WoW is still #1.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:24 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times
I have never played an MMO, but after loving Skyrim I will gladly give them $60 plus a monthly fee to check this out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games