Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 05:49 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,020 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone else here that is really excited for The Elder Scrolls Online? If they offer a pre-order, I think I'm jumping at the opportunity the moment I see it! I never have pre-ordered anything in my life. I believe that after seeing how the Elder Scrolls game series has turned out, I don't know if I could ever pass up playing the online version.

I like MMO's and I love Role-playing games, but there has always been things that bugged me about them at some point where I end up quitting for a few years. I hope The Elder Scrolls Online "gets it" and makes a wonderful and fun game for everyone to enjoy.

Will you be playing the game? Pre-ordering?

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 11:05 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
depends on wether or not I can kill other plays in the game, loot their treasures and make them cry to mommy. Im guessing that wont happen but i have to keep my fingers crossed. Ahh the gold old days of ultimate online or asherson call.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:28 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,707,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
depends on wether or not I can kill other plays in the game, loot their treasures and make them cry to mommy. Im guessing that wont happen but i have to keep my fingers crossed. Ahh the gold old days of ultimate online or asherson call.
I doubt they will make full loot PvP available for Elder Scrolls. Not to mention the fact that combat system in Skyrim was the worst part of the game Imo. Elder Scrolls traditionally focuses on scenery, questing, and RPG elements.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:44 PM

632 posts, read 1,030,538 times
That looks AWESOME!!! I've never played anything online other than Call Of Duty, but this looks promising. Of couse, I'll have to build a powerful enough PC to do it right though. Unless they open it up to us mac users as well.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:36 PM

They are doing Beta testing now, I'm not sure exactly when it started but I signed up last night and I am awaiting to find out if I am in.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

Old 02-13-2013, 04:06 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,273,323 times
I'm really not that excited for it.

It looks like a watered down Elder Scrolls...and I've been a fan since Arena.

It could end up being great, but I think I'm personally just done with MMOs for awhile.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:50 PM

3,920 posts, read 6,833,898 times
I just signed up for the beta! I am excited for this, especially since Elder Scrolls is known for being a massive landscape. I can only imagine how big a MMORPG can get by Bethesda.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:05 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,510,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
I'm really not that excited for it.

It looks like a watered down Elder Scrolls...and I've been a fan since Arena.

It could end up being great, but I think I'm personally just done with MMOs for awhile.
Bingo. As much as I love the ES games I did my six years with WoW (ending in summer of 2011). I just can't get myself motivated enough to start a new MMO after that.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:49 PM

Haha!

Yeah, I basically played myself out of MMO's. I was heavy into Everquest, but also dabbled in WoW. I was thinking of trying Everquest 2 for a change but I seriously don't have time for a MMO. However, if accepted into this beta, I will find the time to beta test it nightly. I find I get addicted to new MMO's, but usually start getting sick of them after awhile but I have hope for this game.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:33 AM

632 posts, read 1,030,538 times
I think I have a pretty good chance of being accepted into the beta testing. I am a mac user and since very very few gamers are on macs, and they will be offering ESOL for mac users as well, I think I have a good shot.

Although, Ive never played one of these massive online role playing games before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games