Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
Driver: San Francisco

After the original Driver game you could get out your car, shoot, steal other cars, swim, and had safehouses. Sounds like GTA a little bit but in open world games these days that's the norm. After they made the games with more and more things to do. They take a step waayyyy back with this one. You have to shift into another persons body in order to control their car. But you can't get out the car by any means, or do any of the other things previously mentioned. Because your actually in a coma and don't know it so your really just dreaming all of this. Some people may like it, I took it back to Best Buy the next day.
I rented this game first, fortunately. At first I liked it because it was different but I agree with the above poster, it got repetitive. I never bought it for that reason. If it gets repetitive in the short period of time while I have it rented, then I'd hate to see it if I bought it and played the whole game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 09:54 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csiko View Post
Sim City 4.

I also bought into 3 MMOs that let me down: Warhammer, Aion, and Guild Wars 2. Man was I disappointed.
What about Sim City 4 did you not like? I'm just curious because I wasn't real into it either until the Rush Hour expansion pack came out. That completely renewed my interest in it and made it one of my favorite Sim City games.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:32 AM

5 posts, read 3,551 times
Games are indeed developed for pleasant surprises, to give fun, to develop skills and so much more; but it is really inevitable that there are disappointments it brings. For the the latest disappointment I felt was - No Real Word on The Last Guardian.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:08 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,274,779 times
Recently:

Dishonored.

It wasn't a big disappointment, but it was over-hyped for sure.

----

Other games from a couple of years ago: Final Fantasy 13 and 14.

They were horrendous, at least in terms of Final Fantasy titles go.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:00 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,704,794 times
FF 13 certainly was bad, but the visuals and soundtrack were decent. If you want disappointment, try last Remnant. I think Japanese RPGs have just lost the scent for what makes a good or engaging game.

Mass Effect 3 had to be the biggest disappointment I can remember in the past few years at least, only because of the poor ending. There was such a build up with that series that was destroyed by business politics and poor writing.

Regarding driving games, Forza Horizon was a disappointment because it lacked the elements is needed to be a full game and became worn through very quickly. Test Drive Unlimited 2 on the other hand was expansive but incomplete and bug-ridden upon release. I think the first major patch came out almost a year after the game was released. Its a shame because the concept of open-world driving is such a great one to explore and develop.

Last edited by Sayantsi; 02-10-2013 at 09:10 PM..

Old 02-11-2013, 08:39 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,511,864 times
Spent $199 for a lifetime subscription for Lord of the Rings Online back in 2007 and never got beyond level 33. It seems like the kind of game I would love, but for some reason I never could get too interested in it (and I keep trying every year or so to this day).

Old 02-11-2013, 10:15 PM

688 posts, read 897,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csiko View Post
Sim City 4.
Wow, I'm really surprised by that. Were you a SimCity fan beforehand or was it just something you picked up?

Personally, I'm going with Diablo 3. They really messed that (freaking awesome) series up with that game. The gameplay is wonderful, but everything else is just... bad.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:10 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times
Haze, Crysis 2, Resistance 2, and Resistance 3.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,395,465 times
Black Ops 2 and MW3 in the past two years......I normally rent before I buy

Old 02-18-2013, 08:48 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,850,043 times
Hi all--

Biggest disappointment was Diablo 3. What an epic waste of $60. I played it for maybe a week until it got too repetitive and boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games