Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 02:42 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,740,681 times

Advertisements

I just tried my Steam Air Conflicts - Secret Wars & Pacific Carriers and these games stink... Really, a flight sim that doesn't use a joystick? - It's keyboard, mouse, gamepad, or Xbox 360 controller use only. What a waste of money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 PM

I just tried my Steam Air Conflicts - Secret Wars & Pacific Carriers and these games stink... Really, a flight sim that doesn't use a joystick? - It's keyboard, mouse, gamepad, or Xbox 360 controller use only. What a waste of money!

Old 02-19-2013, 06:29 AM

632 posts, read 1,030,195 times
I NEVER EVER EVER buy videogames until after I have read the reviews on them. The only exception being the HUGE big mainstream games like Call Of Duty or Elder Scrolls. Everything else I wait on. I just think this is the smart thing to do.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:56 PM

Sometimes you can't tell if a game stinks unless they have a playable demo of it. Or else you torrent it to test it. Because many game reviews or Youtube videos don't tell you about the control interface for a game. Like I never knew Lego Lord of the Rings was a keyboard only control game with no mouse / keyboard control.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:18 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,271,240 times
I take my Dishonored comment back. It's still a bit overrated, but I played it again as an "assassin" with no regard for stealth.

It's a much better game when you play it this way.

So I guess the stealth mechanic was overrated and the game "forces" you to play that way. But it is WAY more fun using the abilities to kill everything in sight.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:34 PM

688 posts, read 897,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
I NEVER EVER EVER buy videogames until after I have read the reviews on them. The only exception being the HUGE big mainstream games like Call Of Duty or Elder Scrolls. Everything else I wait on. I just think this is the smart thing to do.
I'm generally the same way but I do buy certain favorite series' games when they are released; those being Final Fantasy, SimCity, Diablo and GTA.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:49 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Any number of the Guitar Hero games I bought were disappointing. The audio quality is much worse than that of Rock Band and they often didn't have the classic versions of songs but instead a live version or a newly recorded version that sucked compared to the original.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:25 PM

I have to add that GTA IV is a very stupid game. If most of it involves driving then it stinks BIG TIME to drive around only using the keyboard. And then the game doesn't have quick saves or to save at any point. My game save from over a year ago was erased; the game updated and reinstalled and didn't take my previous game. It's not worth playing when every time you play you have to play long enough to the next save point, and I'm not sure how often / how to save in this game.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:21 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I have to add that GTA IV is a very stupid game. If most of it involves driving then it stinks BIG TIME to drive around only using the keyboard. And then the game doesn't have quick saves or to save at any point. My game save from over a year ago was erased; the game updated and reinstalled and didn't take my previous game. It's not worth playing when every time you play you have to play long enough to the next save point, and I'm not sure how often / how to save in this game.
You save by going to your safehouse. I actually like their save system, makes it a bit more challenging than constantly quick saving. If you are tired of driving around, you can always catch a taxi.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:14 PM

563 posts, read 1,269,829 times
Dino Crisis for the PS1 was a massive dud for me.
I was also very let down with Star Wars Demolition for the PS1 as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games