Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 02:02 AM

744 posts, read 1,091,433 times

Advertisements

Is there any sliver of truth to this stereotype?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 08:00 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,116 times
Sounds pretty fair to me.

Also, PS3 fans are probably either in Japan or Europe and believe in nationalism or spec sheets to guide their video game console purchase rather than value and tangible gameplay differences.

I'm a very value driven gamer living in the US so that's why I opted for the Xbox 360/Wii combo which cost about the same as a PS3 yet offered many more gameplay experiences for the money.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:13 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,839,827 times
I would agree. I think Xbox has a bigger following for teens/college age people, mainly because that is what their friends have. I am a PS3 owner as I wanted a Blu-ray and could care less about a more dynamic online community (or the fee to have it). I just need to be able to play multiplayer on COD and I am happy. The both equally serve their base imo, especially with the PS3 prices coming back down to reality the last few years.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:26 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,067,522 times
Yes I think they are older anyway. The Playstation brand is older than the Xbox brand so it makes sense that some of the more hardcore Playstation fans will be a few years older on average.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:43 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,969,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
Yes I think they are older anyway. The Playstation brand is older than the Xbox brand so it makes sense that some of the more hardcore Playstation fans will be a few years older on average.
Nintendo is older than all of them yet still has a reputation as a "kiddie" console, though (which I think is somewhat debatable). So that doesn't necessarily mean Playstation players are older. Though I do think on average they are probably a bit older.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:46 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
I am a fan and have faith in Sony products and also got the Playstation for the bluray. I don't do anything online.
The only games I really like are old school compilations or stuff like Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead, etc.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:31 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
i'd say that the average PS3 gamer is older, which probably makes most of the OP's statements true.

Seems like every little kid has xbox. I'm 31, and almost all of my friends are on PS3. so its not to say that "the more mature gamers play on PS3," so much as just all the kiddies (10-16) have xbox. and thats probably because 360 was so much cheaper than PS3 on release, parents just bought their kids the cheaper console. And kids want to play with their friends so they too got an xbox, etc.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:36 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,987,163 times
I have all 3 consoles just because some games play better on one and some play better on the other.
With what I am reading about the new consoles I think I am going back to a gaming PC.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:33 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,531 times
Being older sure but I wouldn't say they have a much higher income. I have interacted with younger and older people on both PSN and Xbox Live. The difference in the behavior is minimal at best. Microsoft forces people to buy more accessories including Xbox Live Gold services. Their accessories do not last long including the older Xbox 360 models so people are buying more of them.

I don't think Playstation fans are much more educated. I see ignorance and fanboyism out of both Xbox and Playstation fans. When the PSN network went down, the Xbox fans came in drove laughing it up about Sony's misfortunes and talking about how they get what they pay for and all that. Sony fans in return talk about the lack of exclusive from Microsoft and all they have is Halo and Gears of War while they list their many dull exclusive titles that many of them don't own. Sony fans talk about how the Xbox Live accounts have been hacked when in reality its Xbox Live users falling for obvious phishing scams. Both fans are about the same to me.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:55 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Is there any sliver of truth to this stereotype?
What??? Gaming on Xbox cost way more then Playstation. Playstation is just a better product. Gamers are just as old as the activity itself. You have bro gamers on Playstation too, but not like those clowns on Xbox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games