Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 11:45 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
It was funny reading of what they said while playing those games.
It was. 3 great games that are true classics. I have fond memories of playing Super mario bros all day while eating Captain crunch. I uses to love that trick with the turtle shell on the stairs that allowed you to get dozens of free lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 12:24 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,092,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Sad...Sad...Sad...I LOVE THESE Games like crazy..... Kids today have NO CLUE what good is!

Page 1 > Kids Play

Page 2 > Kids Play

Page 3 > Kids Play
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
It was. 3 great games that are true classics. I have fond memories of playing Super mario bros all day while eating Captain crunch. I uses to love that trick with the turtle shell on the stairs that allowed you to get dozens of free lives.
Meh.

I grew up on Super Mario too, and I wouldn't expect kids to like it. I'd certainly rather play something better these days if I still gamed.

It's like old movies from the 80s. There's tons of good movies from the 80s that I've seen that I could still watch, but I wouldn't usually rent random movies from the 80s to watch. But there are really good ones you need to see. Like if a 20 year old watched Godfather I today, most would probably love it.

See, SMB, Asteroids, and Pong are arcade style mindless entertainment games ... repetitiveness and reflexes. The plot is weak and the quality of the game is based on gameplay. It makes sense to want something with better graphics and effects if you are playing a mindless game. Same thing with shooters like Doom. I might be able to play it for like 10 minutes today if that. And I spent HOURS playing that game as a young adult.

If you are playing something like a RPG, it can last the test of time as long as the graphics aren't too horrid, because it has a plot and is engaging. Something like Civilization or Final Fantasy. Gamers today still play those, or so I've heard. Just like Godfather I and Star Wars can stand the test of time.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:33 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690
E.T. did suck, though. Kind of a cheat to have them play that one.
Yes but if you were careful YOU WOULDNT FALL INTO THE PIT!! (I did play it once,didnt do very well but I can see how most ppl easily fall into those holes even when they dont want to! (IT REQUIRES A STEADY HAND))

Old 08-14-2013, 11:03 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
In another 20 years the greatest games of today will be hopelessly dated and crappy looking compared to what will be out then.

I get all nostalgic about them but I admit it, my favorite games when I was a kid really do suck today.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:47 AM

331 posts, read 511,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
They will get their turn though. We all do. Everyone gets old and the things we came up with get old with us.
The day that this generation is laughed at for CoD, Halo and Justin Bieber will be a great day. I sure hope I live to see that from the next generation.

Regards
Huffbuffer

Old 05-26-2016, 03:30 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango
In another 20 years the greatest games of today will be hopelessly dated and crappy looking compared to what will be out then.
Not really..... Do you mean 80s games??

NOTHING WILL EVER BEAT ATARI 2600,COLECOVISION and EARLY 80s ARCADE!!!!!

THE STUFF THEY MAKE NOW IS TRASH!! (I wouldnt play it for a million dollars)

Old 05-27-2016, 08:05 PM

978 posts, read 1,088,549 times
I bet in the future tvs will be bigger and be 21:9 and if they break just roll them up and through them away. controllers would be good for fps, better then the steam controller. you could play two player fps and not suck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games