U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: battlefield 4 vs call of duty ghosts
Battlefield 4 13 59.09%
Call of duty ghosts 3 13.64%
Both 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 10:41 PM

18 posts, read 47,581 times

Advertisements

After playing both, BF4 is much more refined. I guess that's the word I'm looking for.

BF4 feels like a new game. CoD:G feels like the last game, and the one before that, and the one before that ect...

Sent from my Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 4
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 07:02 AM

7,600 posts, read 17,334,558 times
Call of Duty always feels like the last game, its what happens when you dont update the engine and keep everything the same with slightly new maps.

I am far from a fanboy but I will not get COD, several of my clan members said it was a horrible game (they got both). I think at this stage a majority of people buy it because of the name.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:07 AM

89 posts, read 220,629 times
BF4 by a mile.

I'm so impressed with BF4 on PS3 that I'll be purchasing a PS4 on day one solely to experience multiplayer the way it was intended (64 players, larger maps).

Old 11-11-2013, 06:37 AM

2,184 posts, read 3,441,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domfromco View Post
BF4 by a mile.

I'm so impressed with BF4 on PS3 that I'll be purchasing a PS4 on day one solely to experience multiplayer the way it was intended (64 players, larger maps).
BF4 is a beast and the good thing is that if you purchased the PS3 version you get the digital download for PS4 at only $9.99.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:43 AM

14,478 posts, read 21,071,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
BF4 is a beast and the good thing is that if you purchased the PS3 version you get the digital download for PS4 at only $9.99.
Yeah, and you can actually wait until march 2014 to do that (just in case the PS4 hardware has some bugs and one wants to wait until the quality redesigned hardware rolls off the production line).

64 players...I was excited about that to but then I read it's not always a good thing. Some of the smaller maps like metro in BF3 just turn into chaos.

COD is a child's game.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:29 AM

13 posts, read 18,953 times
After buying both and evaluating the pros and cons, both games aren't up to par with what you should expect. DICE released a half-finished game that crashes exorbitantly and CoD:Ghosts is an unnecessary burden on the hard drive that is not worth 50GBs of space.

I prefer BF4 over CoD simply because there is a lot more content in a much smaller package. Doesn't hide the fact that BF4 is still a bug-ridden, unfinished game.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:22 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,372,590 times
Neither. I rather wait until March for Titanfall. It looks more interesting than Ghost and BF4.

While BF4 may have more content and depth, I feel DICE could have spend more time polishing up the game. The game just looks and plays rough.

Infinity Ward are not even trying anymore and its show. The game looks very dull and uninspiring. In fact, Since COD4, my play time has decrease every year. Call of Duty is now a boring, generic multiplayer where nothing new occurs.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:02 PM

7,600 posts, read 17,334,558 times
I too am looking forward to Titanfall, I hope it lives up to expectations.

The gameplay for BF4 isnt rough at all, at least not on the PC version. Did they just release to get out before COD did and it has issues because of it ? Definitely but thats all the FPS market does these days.

I agree on the COD front, last title I bought was MW3 and I vowed never again. There would have to be a new/updated engine AND (real) dedicated servers for me to consider that title again.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:20 PM

14,478 posts, read 21,071,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwdoge View Post
After buying both and evaluating the pros and cons, both games aren't up to par with what you should expect. DICE released a half-finished game that crashes exorbitantly and CoD:Ghosts is an unnecessary burden on the hard drive that is not worth 50GBs of space.

I prefer BF4 over CoD simply because there is a lot more content in a much smaller package. Doesn't hide the fact that BF4 is still a bug-ridden, unfinished game.
I haven't had any crashing issues with PS3 BF4 at all. At least no more then I still get with BF3 (losing connection or freezing maybe 2 times in 6 hours of play or so).

Now, you go to the EA BF4 forum and it's all you can read - many people just like to complain. They also complain about underpowered weapons, about overpowered weapons, about controller configuration, about graphics, about that "BF3 was better", about everything. But - you go to the BF3 forum when it started and you got the same thing, same thing with the BFBC2 forum when it came out, same with BFBC forum, same with all games of this type..... It's just the nature of those forums. Seriously, it's like they enjoy misery or something (I visit it because maybe one out of 50 or so of those forum threads are useful and give some good strategies). So I think these complaints are overblown and gives a misguided perception of the game. There is no problem with BF4.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:51 PM

3,005 posts, read 5,685,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
Not as a knock against shooters and those who play them, but I'm done with them.

I get to a decent KD/ratio and just put it on autopilot. Battlefield was always the more interesting of the two, but without real strategy and team communication, it's just sniping and headshots. After a while you're playing the map rather than playing against people. You know where all the camping spots are and just go to town; being called a cheater because you've played the map over 1000 times.

Plus a large part on why I don't play is that I don't have many friends that play anymore.

I'm really looking forward to a game like Destiny because it has some MMO and PvE elements and that just seems more interesting to me.
Bwahaha I'm such a hypocrite.

Since Amazon was running their buy two get one free, I chose BF4 for my "free" game. My other two games are Knack and NBA2K14. (I wanted Watchdogs but that was delayed).

I'm still not sure how much I'll play, but the scale, graphics and destructible environments, just seem to put it over CoD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games