Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2013, 06:56 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,744,746 times

Advertisements

I bought Wargame: Air Land Battle in the $21.99 package with Wargame European Escalation. I already had Wargame European Escalation in my Steam Library, I was purchasing the package to give the extra copy to my cousin in the Philippines, so I can multiplayer with him. But I bought the package as a “Purchase for Myself” type purchase, and when Steam notified me I wouldn't get the extra copy of Wargame European Escalation with my package purchase I couldn't cancel it. So I bought it and more than 4 days later I don't have the extra copy popup in my Steam Gifts Library. I thought Steam would later popup the copy in my Gifts Library like it did when I got Universe Sandbox. Anyone know how I can get the copy from Steam? Do I contact support and make a complaint? Have any of you ever gone through such a similar occurrence?

So I guess if this situation happens to you – you buy a game package with one game you already have – buy the entire package as a gift. Then gift the games you don't have into your library, and gift the games you want to give away as gifts.

But I've never gifted a game. How does this work? I bought the entire Company of Heroes 1 collection for my cousin for $7.49... I'm looking forward to multiplayer him with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 12:47 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,968,262 times
As far as the extra copy you did not get of Wargame European Escalation, to put it frankly... you're boned. Only certain games are eligible for extra copies if you already own it and get it again through a bundle. Nothing you can do about it.

As for gifting something to someone, it is actually very simple. If you know their steam name, add them to your friends list if you haven't already, then from your gifts and guest passes page, send gift through steam. If they don't have a steam account, they will have to make one. Also normally when you buy as gift it will ask if you wish to send through steam, send through email or store in your inventory to gift later. If they do not already have a steam account send through email and that will give them instructions on how to receive the gift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games