Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ps4 or xbox one
ps4 83 81.37%
xbox one 19 18.63%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 10:50 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen View Post
Wow I got Killzone today...45 gb install for a disc based game is kind of ridiculous :/
Eh, just based on the 409 GB that it has, some games will be less than 45 GB but if that were the average, it's 9 games. Are you really going to be playing 9 games at the same time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 11:34 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
Eh, just based on the 409 GB that it has, some games will be less than 45 GB but if that were the average, it's 9 games. Are you really going to be playing 9 games at the same time?
Maybe not, but it is a giant PITA to install and uninstall games. Sometimes you don't want to go through the hassle.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:25 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Maybe not, but it is a giant PITA to install and uninstall games. Sometimes you don't want to go through the hassle.
I would focus on replacing the hard drive before buying another game.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:57 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
"And yet a 480p DVD still looks better upscaled on a 1080P screen than any current video game. number of pixels does not always increase visual perception of image quality.

The other thing is you're discussing native rendering, both XB1 and PS4 output a 1080P signal either upscaled from native or bypassing the internal upscaler, and I personally prefer the textures on COD Ghost on XB1 than PS4, just my opinion."

We're talking about video games here, not 480p movies with live action actors. A higher native resolution game, all other things being equal, is better looking than a lower native resolution game.
However it does prove that native resolution has little correlation to image quality. The meme of X is higher resolution than Y therefore it looks better is a fallacy. Do comparisons of any game series on the same console, and if pushing pixels is the only means to better graphics they should all have the same graphical qualities, however they're not, the later versions look better, because the developers have refined and optimized those graphics, they've improved texture rendering techiques, lighting, particle effects, diffusion screens, fogging, reflections, etc. Ultimately a live action graphic and a computer generated graphic in the ideal should look as high quality as each other, if the live action graphic at lower pixel resolution looks better than a computer generated graphic at a higher resolution then the answer is not more pixels.

More pertinently if you're looking for top of the line graphics in a console, you're looking in the wrong place, PC is where it's at, it's where it's been since shortly after the launch of the PS2.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:58 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,796 times
Xbox One Disc Drive Issues Reported By Small Number Of Users

Old 11-23-2013, 03:11 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,902,630 times
I played some Xbox1 over my brothers house last night and was quite impressed. I really like some of the new features that are integrated within the console. After seeing what the Xbox1 hand to offer has now officialy put me on the fence on getting PS4 or Xbox1. Still leaning more towards the PS4 since all of my freinds are going that route, but think that the Xbox1 is the better overall console in terms of intergrated features. Can't say which console will deliver the superior gaming experience over the life of the generation, we will have to wait and see.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:11 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
I voted PS4 but decided i will get a Wii U instead

Old 12-03-2013, 06:53 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I voted PS4 but decided i will get a Wii U instead
I'm sure you'll be very happy with the Wii U as it'll be home to Nintendo's excellent first-party offerings but you'll still want the PS4 for third-party games.

My plan is to go with the PS4/Wii U combo like all the cool kids are doing.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:11 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,902,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
I'm sure you'll be very happy with the Wii U as it'll be home to Nintendo's excellent first-party offerings but you'll still want the PS4 for third-party games.

My plan is to go with the PS4/Wii U combo like all the cool kids are doing.
Make more since than having both Xbox1 and PS4. I would pair one or the other with Wii U.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:16 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
The only games I am looking forward to are Watch Dogs, Super Mario 3D World, Rayman Legends, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart 8 all available for the Wii U so I probably won't even bother with the PS4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games