Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 07:41 PM

144 posts, read 303,603 times

Advertisements

Anyone know if I can show up to a Best Buy midnight event on 11/22 and have any shot at purchasing a Day One Xbox One? Over the phone I was told preorders only but is this accurate? Aren't stores getting SOME allotment of Day One consoles that will be first come first serve? They're all sold out for online preorder and already going for hundreds over retail price on ebay. Amazon's standard edition says it's release is 12/31, that's not accurate right? Surely Microsoft will not miss the boat on holidays sales by making everyone who didn't get a preorder in wait till the END of the year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 11:31 PM

170 posts, read 631,683 times
You prob wont be the only one to show up so you might want to show up earl. For example, gamestop has preorders but they will also have extras that will be first come first serve but I know ppl are going to be waiting overnight for it

Old 10-06-2013, 06:32 AM

Well, I don't think I'll be working on 11/22 so I can be there late at night. I think I can get there as early as about 5:30 on the 21st, and my location is outside a major metro area, 50+ miles outside such an area, really more a suburb, how do you like my chances?

Old 10-06-2013, 07:38 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,173,793 times
Don't worry, OP, you might be one of the few who is actually going to get an XBone. The really long, no-chance-in-hell-without-a pre-order line will be for the PS4.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:03 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,793,996 times
Why not just pre-order one? Or are the pre-orders cut off now?

Old 10-07-2013, 04:35 PM

Noone's taking preorders anymore on Day One editions which is what I wanted. You can preorder the standard edition on Amazon but they have a listed released date of 12/31, I don't want to preorder with them then get stuck waiting till the end of the year potentially to get my hands on one. I'd rather take my chances at all my local stores on and around launch day. Seems preordering kicked off back in June, I was both unaware of this and back then still undecided if I'd buy.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:47 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,793,996 times
Well, I guess I can go ahead and stop deciding on a preorder. I'll be waiting until after the start of the year.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:54 PM

4,967 posts, read 6,236,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonHellLights View Post
Noone's taking preorders anymore on Day One editions which is what I wanted. You can preorder the standard edition on Amazon but they have a listed released date of 12/31, I don't want to preorder with them then get stuck waiting till the end of the year potentially to get my hands on one. I'd rather take my chances at all my local stores on and around launch day. Seems preordering kicked off back in June, I was both unaware of this and back then still undecided if I'd buy.
12/31 is just Amazon's default for when they don't know when an un-released item will be available. That's the case here. Pre-orders are closed for day one consoles and demand is too high for them to know when they will be available again. It could be 11/23, it could be 12/1, it could be after the first of the year. They are shipped to whoever is next on the list.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:08 PM

1,413 posts, read 4,471,619 times
Why didn't you preorder when announced?

Old 10-09-2013, 12:14 AM

2,171 posts, read 1,447,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonHellLights View Post
check target. the big name electronic stores will be sold out and have huge lines like gamestop, best buy. i waltzed in a target when ps3 was released in the evening and they had 5+ in stock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games