Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 08:29 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
A rape game actually does exist, or rather it used to. Adult game developer Illusion Soft made it and it was called "Rapelay". Supposedly it was never intended for sale or distribution outside of Japan but it garnered international outrage after it was seen on Amazon. Once that happened, they stopped selling it entirely.

'RapeLay' video game goes viral amid outrage - CNN.com
Why does it not surprise me that it came from Japan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 09:35 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,090,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Why does it not surprise me that it came from Japan?
I know, right. In Japan even dating simulation games are popular but what do expect from the land of Yaoi.

The N64's incredible software library is still amazingly popular via emulation but with the death of standard definition televisions the actual N64 hardware itself is also becoming obsolete.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:19 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
I know, right. In Japan even dating simulation games are popular but what do expect from the land of Yaoi.

The N64's incredible software library is still amazingly popular via emulation but with the death of standard definition televisions the actual N64 hardware itself is also becoming obsolete.
That Catherine game is nuts, I can't imagine what a "real" Japanese dating simulator is like. Japan is also the only country that would make a game about the Yakuza and have you running an orphanage!

Old 02-01-2014, 01:27 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
I got my first Nintendo 64 console this week. The controllers are disgusting! What a shock.
Grizz - interesting about what you mentioned with the older televisions. Having to have a RF modulator is a pain but it shouldn't deter people from getting the system they really want.

Anyway, I have some good games for this N64 and I won't even be playing them because of the ultra-stupid controller.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:25 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,090,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I got my first Nintendo 64 console this week. The controllers are disgusting! What a shock.
Grizz - interesting about what you mentioned with the older televisions. Having to have a RF modulator is a pain but it shouldn't deter people from getting the system they really want.

Anyway, I have some good games for this N64 and I won't even be playing them because of the ultra-stupid controller.
People tend to either love or hate the Nintendo 64 controller. If the analog stick is worn out then they're practically useless and every day it gets harder to find N64 controllers with good sticks. Fortunately I stocked up.

The beauty of emulation on PC is that you can play N64 games with the wonderful Xbox 360 controller. There's a very vibrant on-line Super Smash Bros. (N64) competitive scene and I believe many of those people are using the Xbox 360 pad.

With respect to emulation, I play SSB with friends on my big TV via the Wii which allows us to enjoy games like Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 64 in progressive scan and in the 16:9 widescreen format.

Lastly, I've been contemplating starting a blog where I'll discuss N64 gaming and current events in the U.S. that the corporate media won't touch. Would anybody here follow?

Old 02-02-2014, 11:36 PM

688 posts, read 897,477 times
Just to comment on a couple things here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Mario64 was terrible.
How could someone say that and not finish it up with, "Lol, j/k?" Mario 64 was an instant classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I never said nor implied that. I think Playstation and Xbox both suck. Their libraries are awful.
You've got to be kidding. Playstation 2 has the greatest library of games of any console ever made, followed up by SNES and NES, respectively.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:12 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,318,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
Just to comment on a couple things here..

How could someone say that and not finish it up with, "Lol, j/k?" Mario 64 was an instant classic.
The whole 3D thing was terrible at best.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:27 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Quote:

I fully agree with you. I was horrified when I put Mario 64 in for the first time and every subsequent time. After 4 chances I wouldn't trouble myself to put the cartridge in.

It's a good and interesting thing that we all have different preferences when it comes to gaming.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:54 PM

688 posts, read 897,477 times
Quote:
Care to elaborate? Was it too challenging? Couldn't get the camera angles down?

I'm just curious why your opinion of it was terrible. I thought it was one of the most fun games I've ever played at the time it came out. I never really had a problem with it's controls.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:53 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,916,177 times
I miss the N64. Does anyone know if its possible to play N64 games on a HDTV?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games