Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 11:42 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,315,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
Care to elaborate? Was it too challenging? Couldn't get the camera angles down?

I'm just curious why your opinion of it was terrible. I thought it was one of the most fun games I've ever played at the time it came out. I never really had a problem with it's controls.
It was just too much effort with little payoff. I don't care about Mario so much as I can forgive difficulty navigating the camera angle.

Super Mario World on SNES is the best Mario ever made. Mario 64 was interesting, but not good at all. More frustrating, than interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 07:59 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
I miss the N64. Does anyone know if its possible to play N64 games on a HDTV?
Both the Wii and Wii U allow you to download classic N64 games which can be played on your HDTV in progressive scan. For the original Wii you'll need to purchase component cables which Monoprice sells for next to nothing.

Nowadays many people are building dedicated retro gaming PC's and enjoying N64 games through emulation. What's nice about this option is that you can use modern controllers like the wonderful Xbox 360 pad as opposed to the expensive N64 controllers that often have faulty analog sticks.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:55 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,877 times
Mario 64 was awesome! The camera was rough, and the 3D graphics haven't aged very well, it was revolutionary. A lot of open world games of today owe their inspiration to Mario 64 (including gta).

Old 02-05-2014, 09:47 AM

17 posts, read 48,887 times
XBox

Old 02-06-2014, 06:38 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
I own several of my favorite N64 titles on the Wii Virtual Console and while I appreciate the progressive scan and widescreen support, I can't help but lament that Nintendo didn't implement on-line multiplayer. Just imagine how AWESOME it would be to play Super Smash Bros. or Mario Kart 64 on-line via the ubiquitous Wii.

On-line support isn’t unprecedented as the Sega Genesis version of Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers for the Virtual Console released 04/26/2012 in the U.S. allows for on-line multiplayer.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:52 PM

11 posts, read 17,343 times
I ignored Nintendo since snes, opting in for the sony council line up gen after gen but after a while I couldent be bothered, games became as repetitive as anything the nintendo is usually disregarded for

i traded in my ps3 along with the game library opting n for the 3ds have to say im quite happy with it, probably because time got tight and sitting down to properly enjoy a game is some what of a luxury but all and all nintendo is a good publisher and the games make me happy )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games