Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 04:38 PM

818 posts, read 1,017,629 times

Advertisements

Obviously this game is geared and marketed towards "stoners". It is disturbing that there are young and impressionable teens and younger playing this game. I only bought it because it was $20. I finished half and am tired of killing and robbing people.

Says a lot about the culture of America, how popular and highly rated it. People need to get a life.

Anybody who lets their child play this willingly should have their head examined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 04:42 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,892 times
I stopped playing it because it became repetitive. Not because it's repulsive.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:15 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,686 times
Same....I was bored of the game after a week. I wouldn't take the contents in the game so seriously.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:33 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
I quit, but not because I was repulsed, but grew bored after about 10 hours of playtime. Note that this is my first GTA game, second Rockstar game. I loved Red Dead Redemption, but for some reason this one couldn't hold my interest.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:55 PM

570 posts, read 721,614 times
Like others have said, I stopped because I got bored. They wasted a lot of time with the mulitplayer, and it didn't pay off.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:08 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,842,401 times
I enjoyed the single player, if games were like real life nobody would buy them.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:28 AM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times
I'm still trying to figure out why someone who would be repulsed by GTA would buy it. You'd have to be pretty much clueless to not know full well what you were in for. It's a stale concept that's been around too long and knocked off too many times, sort of like the next Call of Duty or Prince of Persia/Assassins Creed. At least with PoP/AC and CoD they mix things up a bit.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:39 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
While I haven't played the game yet, I have to say that just like its predecessors, GTA is not a game for "teenagers or younger". It's a pegi 18 game! If you know a child playing it, it only shows he or she could have better parents.
Having said that, I've found the plot of the previous parts on the level of modern tv dramas - that are often just as inappropriate for the younger audience.
Anyway with a game called Grand Theft Auto, exactly what kind of action were you expecting ? Especially since all previous parts were basically about the same thing - committing crimes and getting away with it.
Yac.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:18 AM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
While I haven't played the game yet, I have to say that just like its predecessors, GTA is not a game for "teenagers or younger". It's a pegi 18 game! If you know a child playing it, it only shows he or she could have better parents.
Having said that, I've found the plot of the previous parts on the level of modern tv dramas - that are often just as inappropriate for the younger audience.
Anyway with a game called Grand Theft Auto, exactly what kind of action were you expecting ? Especially since all previous parts were basically about the same thing - committing crimes and getting away with it.
Yac.
Today I woke up and played the level where someone strapped a vest on and blew himself up along with 21 other people. Actually, that was a few days ago. It was followed by the next level where the same thing happened not far away, all while the fine folks in responsible for telling kids what they're too immature and should be sheltered from for their own good persisted in yet another day of Political Pointsmanship: Benghazi Edition.

9/11 happened when I was 16. Good thing I didn't hear anything about it since the ESRB was there to preserve my innocence. The first mass school shooting happened a few miles from where I live when I was four. Whew. Good thing I never heard anything at all growing up about that!

But yeah, I was playing GTA games at 14. That must be what desensitized me to violence rather than knowing kids that got murdered when I was in elementary school or the 100,00+ that died over non-existent stockpiles of WMDs in Iraq. And we're just scratching the surface.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:01 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times
I still play it, but this is mainly because nothing but crap has came out afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games