Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 10:00 PM

688 posts, read 897,346 times

Advertisements

Who's spending $1,500 on a gaming PC? >_> They're way overdoing it.

A $1,500 PC will allow you to play games for the next eight years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 12:32 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
Who's spending $1,500 on a gaming PC? >_> They're way overdoing it.

A $1,500 PC will allow you to play games for the next eight years.
I spent around $600 and have a desktop that plays new games. I could never spend over a grand for a PC, I think that's way over doing it..

I use to be a console gamer and then I tried PC gaming and liked it. Then I became obsessive about PC gaming because it destroys consoles. The graphics, the user made mods, digital downloads from plenty of websites to find the cheapest deal, console commands, editing local files, and the list goes on and on. Anyone who complains about PC gaming due to the mouse and keyboard will only have their words muffled by the exact same controllers being sold for the PC or cheap parts to make it work with the computer. A modern day computer graphics card blows away consoles - even modern consoles such as the xbox 1 and ps4.

I'll be called crazy though, but that's a-okay with me.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:27 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
I spent around $600 and have a desktop that plays new games. I could never spend over a grand for a PC, I think that's way over doing it..

I use to be a console gamer and then I tried PC gaming and liked it. Then I became obsessive about PC gaming because it destroys consoles. The graphics, the user made mods, digital downloads from plenty of websites to find the cheapest deal, console commands, editing local files, and the list goes on and on. Anyone who complains about PC gaming due to the mouse and keyboard will only have their words muffled by the exact same controllers being sold for the PC or cheap parts to make it work with the computer. A modern day computer graphics card blows away consoles - even modern consoles such as the xbox 1 and ps4.

I'll be called crazy though, but that's a-okay with me.
Then how come screenshot comparisons between PS4 and PC versions of the same game look exactly identical? I understand that PC's will always be ahead graphically, because a console's specs are basically frozen in time for the most part. But as of today, it seems like console graphics are on par with a PC.

But seriously....who the hell wants to play games on the Windows platform? That's a whole other dynamic of complexity that the average consumer just doesn't want to deal with. The average Joe wants a console, not a PC, when it comes to gaming. And the sales speak for themselves.

I'm sick of this "PC gaming is killing consoles" nonsense. It's been going on for decades and never came to fruition.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:02 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Then how come screenshot comparisons between PS4 and PC versions of the same game look exactly identical?
Well, tell that to a decked out PC running Titanfall at 4k versus 1080p

Old 02-28-2014, 04:55 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I hate shooters and strategy games. I like platformers, JRPGs and general adventures. So why on earth would I care about PC gaming?

Old 02-28-2014, 07:16 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,316,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
On a 24 inch monitor connected to your CPU via DVI

Old 02-28-2014, 11:50 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,531 times
The size of the monitor has no effect on graphics. The monitor with more pixels will look better regardless. Most monitors support HDMI and connected to the graphics card.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:53 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,557,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I don't agree with a lot of what you said I don't have time to rebut it all though. PC gaming is far from dead, quite the opposite. Also WoW is not the only MMO doing ok it's just the MMO with the most subscribers. Plenty of others have been around for years now. I can't believe anyone is saying the MMO scene is dead in America that's just insane. You know how many are set to release this year? These are high budget MMO's too not lame low budget Korean grindfests.

PC gaming is actually more attractive to many developers because the PC has an indie scene. Everything on console has to have state of the art flashy graphics or people won't buy it. This pigeonholes game makers because so much money has to be invested into the art design. Some of the most popular games on PC like Dota 2 are FREE.
Those are MOBAs which perhaps only like 1% of the gaming population play? PC games are not popular in US:
  • Tera: Borderline dead over half servers subpar population and is a joke in gaming scene
  • SWTOR: yeah.....
  • Diablo: most considered a failure
  • DCUO: really only idiots play that game heck it has a BIGGER population on PS3 which proves its failure on PC
  • WOW: losing subscribers by millions
  • GW2: Population only 2mil but we BOTH know thats a lie as in mmo realm everyone is active, ppl bored of it especially PVP
  • FF14: is dying in NA due to lack of endgame content and is currently losing players in Japan too
  • F2P:Crappy milk em F2P gimmicky games IS not a hardcore mmo which is what I was describing
  • Elder Scrolls Online: made the stupid choice to go subscription where lets be blunt F2P here to stay

Failure here does not equate with profitability if that is where you are getting at. I'm strictly talking about popularity.

I just list all the big MMOs that are "active" TODAY and guess what they all suck compared to consoles as they should. Didn't mention the failure DUST or the majority of failed mmos released last year we never heard of. Why cause most developed were either from Asian countries or Europe where a market for them exists? As stated earlier, the only good MMOS are in Asia NCSOFT and SEGAS PSO2 for example. Many of them don't arrive here or get much support b/c simply put Americans AND Japanese don't like MMOs. Listing two MOBA games we know to be another anomaly like WOW isn't proving anything. Name 10 PC games or heck an MMO with COD numbers if you wanna start abusing anomalies. I can list xyz games that sold 5m+ copies and according to BS mmo standards every single one of that 5-28m be considered active.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:29 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I hate shooters and strategy games. I like platformers, JRPGs and general adventures. So why on earth would I care about PC gaming?
don't, who cares/no sweat

but, uh, all systems have most games. . . .the only thing more platform friendly than a PC is a WII U MAYBE

Old 03-04-2014, 05:10 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,020 times
I was up in the air about responding to this, but I suppose I could use a little adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilksFavoriteCookie View Post
Those are MOBAs which perhaps only like 1% of the gaming population play? PC games are not popular in US:
PC games are not popular in the US? Are you a comedian?

Quote:
  • Tera: Borderline dead over half servers subpar population and is a joke in gaming scene
  • SWTOR: yeah.....
  • Diablo: most considered a failure
  • DCUO: really only idiots play that game heck it has a BIGGER population on PS3 which proves its failure on PC
  • WOW: losing subscribers by millions
  • GW2: Population only 2mil but we BOTH know thats a lie as in mmo realm everyone is active, ppl bored of it especially PVP
  • FF14: is dying in NA due to lack of endgame content and is currently losing players in Japan too
  • F2P:Crappy milk em F2P gimmicky games IS not a hardcore mmo which is what I was describing
  • Elder Scrolls Online: made the stupid choice to go subscription where lets be blunt F2P here to stay
You are putting your own personal views on why the games are "failures". There are games to suit the needs of everybody. Not everyone will like Diablo type games, but might like Everquest or World of Warcraft. If World of Warcraft was "losing subscribers by the millions", then why is it still the highest populated MMO? I don't play World of Warcraft anymore, but I certainly would never go to the extent to say that it's losing a ton of subscribers.

Besides these hilarious comedian type answers you've given, I'm still absolutely amazed that you said that the Elder Scrolls Online made a "stupid choice" to go subscription base. What you're basically saying is that you're too cheap to pay for the subscription, so you complain about it and throw a little tantrum. I am so very thankful that I will not have to deal people like you that refuse to pay the fee. This will limit the amount of childish chats that go on in /zone. It was very apparent that we've had a lot of those in beta, but thankfully a lot of them complained about the subscription fee also.

Quote:
Failure here does not equate with profitability if that is where you are getting at. I'm strictly talking about popularity.
A game will get popular by having an active development team, which all of those that you listed above, do. They will have people playing them whether you like it or not. If you cannot stand those games, go cry in your room about it.

Quote:
I just list all the big MMOs that are "active" TODAY
Oh, so they're big inactive MMOs. That makes sense.

Quote:
and guess what they all suck compared to consoles as they should.
Once again you go back to your opinion. Have fun playing a majority of MMOs on console! You fail to realize that most of the MMOs have absolutely no console support. I guess what this is coming down to is that you're angry because you cannot play a lot of popular MMOs on your console. Poor guy ...

Quote:
Didn't mention the failure DUST or the majority of failed mmos released last year we never heard of
How did you hear of these MMOs if they failed and nobody heard of them?

Quote:
Many of them don't arrive here or get much support b/c simply put Americans AND Japanese don't like MMOs.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh yes, Americans are such MMO hating grasshoppers. Why am I even trying The Elder Scrolls Online if I hate MMOs, Grrrr! I should of never signed up for the dang beta!

Quote:
Listing two MOBA games we know to be another anomaly like WOW isn't proving anything.
Because you cannot back up anything you say. So in another words, what we say will never prove anything in your mind. In my opinion, you're pretty closed minded on the PC market and PC online gaming.

The PC market is huge but you will never understand this. Have fun with your vanilla Skyrim or whatever games you play. I'll be downloading user made mods to make my game even better, or using console commands while you're replying to me and just being a angry person in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games