Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 07:53 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
Till they burn the damn house down that you spent hours making to perfection. They literally don't give a crap about all of your efforts. They are determined to make their pancake and start the whole house on fire, then run outside and panic. Bastards.
Your Sims need to read more cookbooks, but yeah i know what you mean.

I once built my dream home but i placed a piano next to a fire place and it didn't end well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 09:30 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,524 times
I like pc gaming for many games, especially if its FPS. I feel that a console is not worthy of a FPS since the hit box has to be modified to make upf or the lack of skill folks have using a joystick. As a pc gamer who uses a trackball, it takes me more skill for a headshot using my right thumb than it does some kid on his xbox or ps3 to get a headshot due to the bigger hit boxes)

but then you have games like Mario kart 64...no way id have as much fun on a pc than on a n64.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:08 AM

702 posts, read 726,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
I like pc gaming for many games, especially if its FPS. I feel that a console is not worthy of a FPS since the hit box has to be modified to make upf or the lack of skill folks have using a joystick. As a pc gamer who uses a trackball, it takes me more skill for a headshot using my right thumb than it does some kid on his xbox or ps3 to get a headshot due to the bigger hit boxes)

but then you have games like Mario kart 64...no way id have as much fun on a pc than on a n64.
Don't forget the auto-aim/aim assist.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:10 AM

35,072 posts, read 31,293,790 times
I'm mostly PC because I spend most of my time with MMOs, but do play console games. I have an XB1 and PS4, and honestly have not used my PS4 in a few months. I use my PS3 more than any other console for classics.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:52 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
I honestly don't see any form of video games dying off. Console or PC. The industry is too big and has too much of a demand to die. Since I'm a PC gamer I can say that the community itself is amazing, especially the modding community. If I ever figured out how to mod a game, I would literally spend my time making free mods. If you kill off video games, you would see an entirely different society. I guarantee it.
That in itself, is the downfall of Computer games, and why Video-games are better. The PC you can mod, mod, upgrade, downgrade, and do all sorts of things. A video-game on an system is an one time thing. Videogames are already killed off. The two stores in the most popular mall to reach by foot, has no game, video stores at all. The theater itself, the standing pride of my mall is gone. Bottom-line videogames are dying.

If you can sucker a........sucker to pay for DLC then your basically telling to pay for something they have no ownership over. Look at SEGA and PSO2, they only charge for the special items, like Maple Story.

I am saying this right now, draw out your ideas, store them, write them down, and print them. Then waste time learning whatever. If you can't hold it in your hand while the power is off, it is not worth investing into. All your really doing is buying into the distraction of games. I like them too but seriously it is not worth it.

I would think you in the past, and seriously it is a waste of time, to keep thinking like that. Right now our privacy is the number one problem at home, asides the war in the Orient the should have ended on Bushes fourth year.

Why am I going to buy something, and then some stranger decides to make it ten times better. It should be as good as it comes out of the box, not the other way around.

I know exactly how you feel. You have a little of old me, but the new me, says, where is my money going, and who is it feeding.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:24 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,339,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
That in itself, is the downfall of Computer games, and why Video-games are better. The PC you can mod, mod, upgrade, downgrade, and do all sorts of things. A video-game on an system is an one time thing. Videogames are already killed off. The two stores in the most popular mall to reach by foot, has no game, video stores at all. The theater itself, the standing pride of my mall is gone. Bottom-line videogames are dying.

If you can sucker a........sucker to pay for DLC then your basically telling to pay for something they have no ownership over. Look at SEGA and PSO2, they only charge for the special items, like Maple Story.

I am saying this right now, draw out your ideas, store them, write them down, and print them. Then waste time learning whatever. If you can't hold it in your hand while the power is off, it is not worth investing into. All your really doing is buying into the distraction of games. I like them too but seriously it is not worth it.

I would think you in the past, and seriously it is a waste of time, to keep thinking like that. Right now our privacy is the number one problem at home, asides the war in the Orient the should have ended on Bushes fourth year.

Why am I going to buy something, and then some stranger decides to make it ten times better. It should be as good as it comes out of the box, not the other way around.

I know exactly how you feel. You have a little of old me, but the new me, says, where is my money going, and who is it feeding.
You're very much mistaken because of one crucial bit. Hard copy video games are dying (cartridges / discs etc). Gaming is still very much alive, but we live in the DIGITAL age.

More and more games are being sold digitally instead of hard media. Just because you don't see rip off video game stores, doesn't mean gaming is dying.

Go to Game Stop and take note of prices... look them up online or on Steam and you'll see WHY people purchase stuff online instead of at the video game store. Online copies are just cheaper AND more convenient. I don't need to stand in a line to buy the latest game, I can buy it from my computer and have it automatically download BEFORE it's even released. The games simply unlocks the minute the game is officially released!

Old 06-09-2014, 03:03 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
Quote:

Wait what ??? lol

First, video game store at the mall ? What ? Catch up to PC's world mate. PC gamers dont care to walk around a store and smell the greasey people there. We download all our media at much better prices thatn stores via sales. Revenue in 2013 is reportedly 76 billion dollars, is that considered dead ? Thats up 10 billion from 2012 and up over 40 billion since 2003. Also, PC sales eclipsed console gaming too.

I agree that DLC does sucker people into buying stuff they normally wouldnt have had to (thanks console gamers!) but why look at Sega ? Sega is dead, they where barely relevant for the time they made consoles.

Buying into the distraction of games, well duh thats the point. I dont watch much TV and dont read a lot, gaming IS our distraction.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:39 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
PC gamers dont care to walk around a store and smell the greasey people there.
Yeah! You stinky grease ball people who walk around with your tight pants and tight shirts and greasy hair! . Your comment made me literally laugh out loud, because it is actually true. I hate the mall because I don't like crowds or a lot of people in one place. Plus I'm a complete freak about germs the moment I walk in. Wait, we're in the video game thread, let me continue on with that portion...

Quote:
We download all our media at much better prices thatn stores via sales. Revenue in 2013 is reportedly 76 billion dollars, is that considered dead ? Thats up 10 billion from 2012 and up over 40 billion since 2003. Also, PC sales eclipsed console gaming too.
Downloading a copy is your best bet in today's society as you said, I don't know why RegalSin went off about the video game industry dying because there are no physical copies to be had. You can literally find games for DIRT CHEAP (that link leads to a subreddit called Game Deals) and you'd be crazy to buy a game at full price.

Quote:
I agree that DLC does sucker people into buying stuff they normally wouldnt have had to (thanks console gamers!) but why look at Sega ? Sega is dead, they where barely relevant for the time they made consoles.
DLC's upset me also, but what can you do? The modding community usually comes out with better things before a DLC comes out anyways. Your best bet is to hold off on a game till the Game of the Year edition comes out or get a game that offers free updates of content (not patches).

Quote:
Buying into the distraction of games, well duh thats the point. I dont watch much TV and dont read a lot, gaming IS our distraction.
Buying from any website is a risk we're willing to take. I trust several websites with my game purchases, but in the end, I trust Steam to be around for my entire life so I'm not that concerned when making a purchase. I'm not a huge fan of DRM-Free games anymore, but it is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3
Your Sims need to read more cookbooks, but yeah i know what you mean.
Oh, I know. I was just having a little fun with my reply, but I did have it happen on the Sims 1 before and it made me sad. I had no money left and then he burns down the house.. I think he was going for insurance fraud but instead he got deleted!

PS: RegalSin, I basically included my response to you from BrianH's reply but I wanted to comment on one thing

Quote:
That in itself, is the downfall of Computer games, and why Video-games are better.
Video Games are computer games also. There is no difference between the words video game and computer game, they mean the same exact thing.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:55 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,530 times
Bottom line, videogames are all DLC now, that nobody can actually own, trade, or collect. Steam is not a game system, Steam is just them racking in your dollars, by licking the sand with their tongue. Also Billions of dollars is nothing compared to trillion. It does not matter how much I argue, you will not learn your lesson, until it hits you later on.

How many of these people in videogames are making money to retire? and own things? What kind of life are they leading? How many of them can relate to you?

Nobody has not made any real money since the Street Fighter II days.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:54 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
Quote:
Bottom line, videogames are all DLC now, that nobody can actually own, trade, or collect. Steam is not a game system, Steam is just them racking in your dollars, by licking the sand with their tongue. Also Billions of dollars is nothing compared to trillion. It does not matter how much I argue, you will not learn your lesson, until it hits you later on.

How many of these people in videogames are making money to retire? and own things? What kind of life are they leading? How many of them can relate to you?

Nobody has not made any real money since the Street Fighter II days.
Why trade ? Thats the old days. When I buy Batman for $10 I am not worried about trading like I was when buying a game on Disc for $40+. Who cares about trade, $10 is worth buying and finishing. Hell I bought Dead Space for $3, you think I am worried about trading it ? Yeah .... no I am not.

What are you talking about ? People who buy the games to retire or people who make them ? Either way its such an irrelevant statement that if youre that worried about what people are saving start a thread in another forum about it.

Again, come up with facts and figures for that. If youre going to throw it out, back it up. I backed up my post with $ signs showing how much more its gone up each year. You do the same, I dare you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games