Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 07:33 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,870,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
I'm going to be the downer here. I do not like the guy at all, it's borderline hatred to be honest. Good for him for making money, but his.. voice and reactions are unbelievably absurd. Try searching youtube for something like "Adults watching pewdiepie". Pewdiepie also likes to scream and act extremely childish along with extremely childish words. I believe he also joked about rape at some point.
His target audience finds him very entertaining, I'd act like anything you wanted for 4 million bucks a year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 08:41 PM

702 posts, read 726,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adyn View Post
His target audience finds him very entertaining, I'd act like anything you wanted for 4 million bucks a year
I was thinking this same thing the other day. I mean, Fred is completely idiotic and so is pewdiepie. But would I act completely idiotic on camera for 4 mil a year? SIGN ME UP! I'll be the next Glen Beck!

Old 07-04-2014, 07:46 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,702 times
The reason why they makes so much money, is because they act innocent, happy, and upbeat. Whatever they do is pure fun. Their voices are young and childish. I mean you can't even tell if they are 12 or 21. But they could act sixteen if they wanted to .

Also they are not real gamers, and mostly waste the consumer time. So basically some childish yuppie, or even elder couple could watch this thing, and not be offended.

Notice how the entire series, they avoid actually going into videogames, but goes into the most lamest topics of videogames.

It is a show for casuals and people who do not know what videogames are.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That is thing basically. They are being happy to indicate, QUALITY OF LIFE ITSELF.

They are not real videogame people, just people who are into videogames on an mild basis.

I was thinking about doing something like that as well. However that is best thing a person could get.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:11 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
The reason why they makes so much money, is because they act innocent, happy, and upbeat. Whatever they do is pure fun. Their voices are young and childish. I mean you can't even tell if they are 12 or 21. But they could act sixteen if they wanted to .

Also they are not real gamers, and mostly waste the consumer time. So basically some childish yuppie, or even elder couple could watch this thing, and not be offended.

Notice how the entire series, they avoid actually going into videogames, but goes into the most lamest topics of videogames.

It is a show for casuals and people who do not know what videogames are.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That is thing basically. They are being happy to indicate, QUALITY OF LIFE ITSELF.

They are not real videogame people, just people who are into videogames on an mild basis.

I was thinking about doing something like that as well. However that is best thing a person could get.
To be honest, I didn't understand most of what you said except for the bolded parts. That may be true for some LPers, but not all.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:03 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,702 times
Dude their not real game people, at all. I mean going through all of their content, is pointless mindless trivia that has no logical deduction at all. They are not videogame people at all. I mean oh look wow, the latest and greatest let me show it off to everybody.

In fact between the two people, etc, etc. They sound like foreigners or maybe really childish people. Because of that friendliness towards the viewer, probably gets certain kinds of people to view their pages.

IN THE MAJESTIC OF THIS YOUTUBE RUBBISH, THEY ARE THE SOME.

People do not want to watch a person, who actually knows what they are doing. They want to watch people who look like the are from Hollywood, but they make it seem they are doing a really great job of the camera itself.

Also chance is, they are watching the show because of the girl. Basically like TEch-Tv before it belly-flopped into G4. It is like watching blues clues, before the original actor went insane. .............

To simplify my words

They act innocent, happy, and upbeat. Meaning they look friendly 24/7. They look harmless. People do not want to see harmful people, they want to see commercial garbage of friendliness. Seriously do you think this guy/gal ever have a bad hair day???

Whatever they do is pure fun. I have yet to see anything worth talking about at all. Just pure fun. It is all good.

Their voices are young and childish. Meaning they could pass for the same nine year old's who are playing the games they are talking about.

They waste the consumer time. People do not tell you this, but good TV is bad for time. The idea of TV shows it to brainwash people, but it also is a waste of time. I can see entertainment value, but as a show talking about games it is not.

They could be rich kids, who scored the jackpot. Most game people are not rich kids.

Elderly people will not run away from them. That is how friendly they look.

They avoid actually going into real [domain blocked due to spam] of videogames. None of the topics, or shows, episode is worth anything to anybody in terms of information. It is a show that leads down no path at all. They just do this for fun..

The [domain blocked due to spam] be lame. Everything they talk about is lame. Nothing has any real reason of interest at all.

Casuals and people who do not know what videogames are dig this show. This show is for my

They are being happy to indicate, QUALITY OF LIFE ITSELF. QUALITY OF LIFE IS LIVING BETTER.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:08 PM

484 posts, read 761,282 times
oooookayyyyyy.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:41 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Regal, I'm assuming you use ESL and I have to say that all your tirades are amusing. Bravo! I think I might make a meme out of this line:

IN THE MAJESTIC OF THIS YOUTUBE RUBBISH, THEY ARE THE SOME.

Brilliant!

Pew probably paid the magazine for this article to drive more traffic to his site.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:49 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,520,199 times
Yup. I have already heard about this guy.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:15 AM

3,531 posts, read 3,733,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
Also chance is, they are watching the show because of the girl. Basically like TEch-Tv before it belly-flopped into G4. It is like watching blues clues, before the original actor went insane. .............
^^ Old wounds, old wounds .

The first time I found out about this guy was after watching an episode of This Week In Tech (TWiT) on the online TV network of former Tech TV host Leo Laporte, aptly called the same thing--TWiT. On one of the shows they were discussing Flappy Bird. It was a very successful cellphone game and it was in the news because the programmer abruptly pulled the game from the market. Old cellphones with the game were reportedly selling on eBay for big bucks, so I was interested in the story, particularly to find out the angle on why a programmer would pull a successful game. The TWiT program never mentioned PewDiePie, but I did a search on Flappy Bird on YouTube so I could check out what the game looked like. PewDiePie's review was the first video I found.

My initial reaction was one of disgust, and it is hard to believe someone who acts like that can have that many views and subscribers. I couldn't stomach it.

I must say, however, good for him. He's not giving a rip what anyone thinks. I believe (not confirming though) that he does all his own editing and graphics.

How many people/parents would've tried to stop his interests growing up because they thought it was childish and stupid. Now, he is making more than anyone of them will ever make in one year alone. Good for him, and a message to always follow what drives you internally, not what other people think you should be doing.

...but, still unwatchable on every front.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:16 AM

626 posts, read 754,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
NEW YORK (MainStreet) — Watching people play video games on YouTube is a thing. It's such a big thing that one guy makes an estimated $4 million a year – or more -- playing video games while others watch. Felix Kjellberg – aka PewDiePie – has over 28 million subscribers and earns his fortune from ad sales delivered by his YouTube channel.

This Guy Makes $4 Million per Year Playing Video Games on YouTube - MainStreet
Finally! Having no life pays off!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games