Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 02:21 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

Since the Xbox One launched last November, Microsoft's latest game console has changed pretty dramatically. From "going all-in" on Kinect to offering a camera-less $400 model; from focused on TV and home entertainment to appealing directly to "core" gamers. The last year for Microsoft's Xbox division has been one massive pivot. The future sounds brighter.

The Future of Xbox One | RealClearTechnology
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 10:48 AM

130 posts, read 184,395 times
I have to say, I got sucked into the hype right away. I got an XOne for Christmas and pretty much haven't touched it since January. I'm looking forward to NHL this year on the new console. I'm hoping the future has amazing games.

It took the 360 a couple years to get some traction, I'm hoping the same for the One.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:56 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
I have both the newest consoles.

There have been few, if any, exclusives that are killer apps. Compare the latest launch with Mario 64 on the N64. Much worse quality for release game.

Most games that are coming out are also on older platforms as well.

I think it will be another year or two, at least, before the latest gen pulls away.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:05 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,460 times
XBOX ONE will be just fine and has a very bright future and this is coming from a Sony Man. E3 was impressive and I like how they are quickly modifying a few mistakes that were made at launch. It may never outsell the PS4 but I'm sure it will someday overtake Wii U for the second spot. On 11/11/2014 TMC Collection will be released and you will see a huge spike in sales. As a PS4 fan I'm a little jealous about this game but since I will be getting a gaming PC in the distant future I can't justify buying an XBOX ONE since all but maybe three games will come to PC anyway.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:34 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,315,370 times
I wasn't disappointed with the ideas Microsoft had at launch. People say it's all about the games, but for me it's not; I want an entertainment console and I have it with Xbox One.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:23 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I wasn't disappointed with the ideas Microsoft had at launch. People say it's all about the games, but for me it's not; I want an entertainment console and I have it with Xbox One.
It's excellent as an entertainment and Skyping from the living room machine, but it sucks down a lot of power for a media player compared to something like a Roku.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
It's excellent as an entertainment and Skyping from the living room machine, but it sucks down a lot of power for a media player compared to something like a Roku.
I run A/C 24/7 and have several fans going. I'm not too worried about the power differences. Some people keep their Xboxes on all the time, even when away.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:40 PM

810 posts, read 1,024,927 times
I would like to see the digital tuner features that Europe got with the Xbox One be available to the US. CableCard support (probably not going to happen), Qam support, ATSC tuning along with Guide data that they had for Windows Media Center. It would be amazing if they can support network tuners like the HDHomeRun devices as well.

I just don't agree with the IR signal relay approach. Hopefully they'll have them in the future! Android TV is going to have network tuner support later this year.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyang View Post
I would like to see the digital tuner features that Europe got with the Xbox One be available to the US. CableCard support (probably not going to happen), Qam support, ATSC tuning along with Guide data that they had for Windows Media Center. It would be amazing if they can support network tuners like the HDHomeRun devices as well.

I just don't agree with the IR signal relay approach. Hopefully they'll have them in the future! Android TV is going to have network tuner support later this year.
These damn cable companies better get on board with that streaming feature. It puts their apps to shame.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:34 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,263,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam34 View Post
I have to say, I got sucked into the hype right away. I got an XOne for Christmas and pretty much haven't touched it since January. I'm looking forward to NHL this year on the new console. I'm hoping the future has amazing games.

It took the 360 a couple years to get some traction, I'm hoping the same for the One.
Our Xbone collected dust for a few months as well.

Anyhow, hopefully they'll put out some more games as we get closer to the holidays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games